Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
56th District 2010/11
Powell County Defending Champions!

Powell County (21-6) - Defending 56th District Champions

Lady Pirates Went 21-6, (12-4 Region) (7-0 District)

Lady Pirates Lose:

# 12 - Stevie Rogers (F)

# 14 - Kasey Reed (F)

# 15 - Meghan Mays (F)

# 32 - Lyndsey Roe ©

# 51 - Kendra McFarland ©

Estill County (10-16) - District Runner-UpLady Engineers Went (10-16) (5-10 Region) (3-4 District)

Lady Engineers Lose:

# 3 - April Hall (PG)

# 23 - Angel Gordon (F)

Owsley County (18-8)

Lady Owls Went (18-8) (14-5 Region) (4-3 District)

Lady Owls Lose:

# 00 - Mika Turner (F)

Lady Owls also are or were looking for a new coach!

Lee County (9-16)

Lady Bobcats Went (9-16) (7-12 Region) (0-7 District)

Lady Bobcats Lose:

# 14 - Whitney Harrison (F)

# 20 - Brooke Bowling (G)

# 23 - Chelsea Adams (F)

# 34 - Peggy Barker ©

Thoughts????
Not only will Powell Co. lose all those starters mentioned above, they have also lost one of their rising stars, as well. Erika Rogers has transferred to Montgomery Co. and this will be a big blow to their already depleated program. I believe the transfer had to do with no coaching change anticipated for next year? Sure am sorry to see her go, as she has a lot of potential and will be a real asset to Montgomery County's program.
divadawg Wrote:Not only will Powell Co. lose all those starters mentioned above, they have also lost one of their rising stars, as well. Erika Rogers has transferred to Montgomery Co. and this will be a big blow to their already depleated program. I believe the transfer had to do with no coaching change anticipated for next year? Sure am sorry to see her go, as she has a lot of potential and will be a real asset to Montgomery County's program.
If Erika has transferred then I want to say congrats to Montgomery County! She will be a huge asset to any program that she plays for. We play Montgomery in the regular season so I will be keeping up with her. She has loads of potential and a fun player to watch play the game.
Good luck Erika and for whoever you play for!
well it looks like the team to beat will be Estill County! Owsley didn't have but 9 Players on there whole team, they do Return Peyton Wright (G)
I have spoke with people in Owsley County and the coaching staff is still intact. Paul Green will be coaching agian this coming season. The Lady Owls did lose Mika Turner, however return Peyton Wright and the rest of their team not to mention a young group of 7th grade players who are going to be playing for Owsley County this season.