Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Head Coach at Pike Central
Kelly Carwile was named head coach at Pike Central on Monday at a press conference at the school. He was previously head coach at Lyon County and Webster County. He worked with Kyle Macy at Morehead State and was an assist coach under Allen Hatcher at Graves County for 9 years. Carwile has spent the last two seasons as an assistant coach at Mason County.
I believe this will be a good hire for Pike Central.

Interested in who he is allowed to bring in on his staff.
If you want a coach for a year or two
Hey, a year or two is better than nothing.
oldtimer3 Wrote:Hey, a year or two is better than nothing.
Heard that he is already looking for another Job.
Great job by the Pike Central admin in picking up Coach Carwile with the talent he has in the feeder programs right now I could see him staying for a while.
whens justin amburgey gonna get to coach up there aint that what he left knott co for was an better coaching spot
this maybe a good addition, if hobo mccoy will pass the ball a little more and get his teammates involved. but i also heard mccoy was transferring is this true?
Why bring an average coach in from mason when they're several local coaches just as qualified if not more? I could see bringing in a big name if possible but carwilliy???? go local.
The average from Mason is better than some of the local yocals. He wants to coach and not sit and talk about.
i went to several pc games b/c i'm an alum of the school and hobo did pass the ball, but most of the time his teammates couldn't catch it!!! there were several games were he had 5 or 6 assists and could have more if they'd make their lay-ups or just simply catch it.
Carwile didn't coach at Morehead State under Kyle Macy. He was briefly there with Donnie Tyndall.

He's been a head coach at Webster County and Lyon County and did a good job at both places. He also has a well-earned reputation as a great assistant coach that specializes in scouting and Xs and Os.

Good to see him get another head coaching job. Ironic, because didn't Hatcher interview for this job last year?
lochocinco Wrote:Carwile didn't coach at Morehead State under Kyle Macy. He was briefly there with Donnie Tyndall.

He's been a head coach at Webster County and Lyon County and did a good job at both places. He also has a well-earned reputation as a great assistant coach that specializes in scouting and Xs and Os.

Good to see him get another head coaching job. Ironic, because didn't Hatcher interview for this job last year?

Hatcher did interview last year and was contacted again this year. Carwile has a lot of high references and Hatcher is one of those who recommends him. Look for PC to get back to the highly competitive level they were at from inception to 3 years ago.
i dont see hatcher leaving perry central unless something major happens
I don't know anything about this coach but I have a pretty good idea that Alan Hatcher was the guy who pulled the strings to get him their. If you look at his personal accomplishments what has he done with the exception of setting on the bench with some good coaches. The question is still what has he done?
[quote=CoachM]I don't know anything about this coach but I have a pretty good idea that Alan Hatcher was the guy who pulled the strings to get him their. If you look at his personal accomplishments what has he done with the exception of setting on the bench with some good coaches. The question is still what has he done?[/QU

His team at Lyon County( where was the head coach) won the All A regional. Thats one more regional than Pike Central's previous coaches.
Salimander Wrote:[quote=CoachM]I don't know anything about this coach but I have a pretty good idea that Alan Hatcher was the guy who pulled the strings to get him their. If you look at his personal accomplishments what has he done with the exception of setting on the bench with some good coaches. The question is still what has he done?[/QU

His team at Lyon County( where was the head coach) won the All A regional. Thats one more regional than Pike Central's previous coaches.

Check your facts bub....JOhnny MArtin won the 15th region crown while at AC. Thats a little more impressive than an all a.
In the meeting the other night the new coach talked about building the program and being here a long time, I hope its true.

Rumblings around the school are politics within the school are once again causing problems about who should be on staff, who shouldn't.
Should it not be grumbling, and I think there is some confusion here between politics and the ones that wanted it. I think it's ironic that when someone does not do their job and get in hot water they yell POLITICS. Had a couple of the people showed a vested interest in the program, I am sure that they would have been in line for the head coaching position. Too late to humble around now.
TheMasterpiece Wrote:[quote=Salimander]

Check your facts bub....JOhnny MArtin won the 15th region crown while at AC. Thats a little more impressive than an all a.

Over 500 wins and just 1 regional title. That title came against Pike Central in their first year of existance. That impresses my socks off !
Skyhawk Wrote:In the meeting the other night the new coach talked about building the program and being here a long time, I hope its true.

Rumblings around the school are politics within the school are once again causing problems about who should be on staff, who shouldn't.

I have been told by many players and parents that the coach from Mullins and the Coach from Johns Creek has been running open gym for the past couple of weeks. I think both will be good coaches for the program, but I guess we will see how things turn out.
Harrison_0021 Wrote:I have been told by many players and parents that the coach from Mullins and the Coach from Johns Creek has been running open gym for the past couple of weeks. I think both will be good coaches for the program, but I guess we will see how things turn out.

I think they are just helping out, don't think either will be on staff.
Thats news to me and im sure to those two coaches. I believe both of them had been told and are under the impression that they were going to be hired as the freshman and JV coach. Im sure they wouldnt be running the team while the coach is still in Mason for nothing.
With all the work that needs to be done with the PC program, Coach Carwile will need all the help that he can get. I wish him the best of luck!
CoachM Wrote:With all the work that needs to be done with the PC program, Coach Carwile will need all the help that he can get. I wish him the best of luck!

All they need to do is play hard. That isnt alot of work.
The team last year was pitiful to watch play. They played lazy every game i watched them. I went to about 8 games last year and they lost every game mostly becuase they would get down 5-6 points and quit. They had good guards but the big men were lazy and it seemed like they didnt try.

But good luck to Coach Carwile and the Hawks.
Agreed, it came down to to many people thinking they was the headcoach last year, guys on the bench, a father or two in the stands.

I hope the new coach is allowed coach the way he wants.
Salimander Wrote:Kelly Carwile was named head coach at Pike Central on Monday at a press conference at the school. He was previously head coach at Lyon County and Webster County. He worked with Kyle Macy at Morehead State and was an assist coach under Allen Hatcher at Graves County for 9 years. Carwile has spent the last two seasons as an assistant coach at Mason County.
Wish Pike Central the best next season!!!