Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County Boys Job
jakelegg Wrote:U missed my meaning or maybe I didnt explain well enough. I dont think that there are too many IF any HS coaches coaching for money. My point was/is that a HS coach should be well paid simple because of the crap that they put up with in todays game. 6 grand a years is probably bout avg for a normal HS. I dont have a problem with that amount. When someone mentioned lowball number I assumed it might be 2-4 k which wouldnt be near enough for most.
I hear you on the crap some coaches take but most good, experienced coaches get out in front of all that with fair and well thought out team rules and good communication with the parents. If a coach does not do this it can lead to misunderstandings and possibly the complete meltdown of a team as we all witnessed with a very good area baseball team.
I couldn't agree with you more dawgbyte02. He is already sorely missed.
Most of your top coaches are already in place and if the pay amount is not that high its going to be hard to get a top llevel coach. Maybe they should consider hiring Roger Harless since from what I understand at Sheldon Clark he was paid so much for each win or something to that effect. Oh well just a thought.
It is hard for a young coach to get that first shot but in my opinion if Lawrence hires Josh Cook it would be the best hire they could make. He is as good a X and O guy that I seen in a long time for such a young guy. I remember when he played high school ball and he was the top rated guard for the 2 years he played in my region. Sometimes it is hard for a principal or super to hire a young guy but if they have any questions to the potential of Cook then have them call Allan Hatcher, Dave Fraley or Al Holland in the 14th region and they will find out what they would be getting. If they pass up on him years from now when he has won some regional titles people will be saying we should have gave that guy a shot. I wonder how many guys that passed on Al Holland would like to have another shot at him after his 9 or 10 regional titles.
Cook might be a good hire for LC, but if he does have success there it wont be long till he heads back up the river.
Its offical LC has hired David Miller from Carrolton KY, good luck to him and the Bulldogs.:Cheerlead