Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8th Grader Jackson Davis
Here is a video of current 8th grader and soon-to-be freshman at Lafayette high school in Lexington, Jackson Davis dominating kids his age:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5GdpGLSz64"]YouTube- Jackson Davis (#17), 8th Grader Dunking, 14U AAU KY State Championships 2010[/nomedia]

Davis is already 6'7 and is projected to be near 7'0.
Nice! First time I've seen him play or highlights of him....

I see ALOT of scholarship offers comin his way
WOW, That kid is going to be fun to watch, does anyone know if he is already getting looks? Maybe Billy G?
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i seen him this past janurary when Lafayette played Breathitt County (@ Estill County - 82 Food Mart Classic) he was even in the starting lineup
Didn't think he could play HS ball?
There are no state rules against middle school kids playing basketball. It is not considered a contact sport. They can play in 6th grade if they are good enough. There are a couple of school districts that have banned middle schoolers from playing up. Jefferson County just passed this rule.
I seen him play against Tates Creek in the 43rd district championship game and he didn't do much, but he was also playing against kids that are much more physically mature than him.

He'll be a force in the future.
Thanks for clearin that up for me...
He should be playing up! Not playing against 8th grader. That how you keep getting better as a player. Maybe play with Nike Hoopdreams 16 and under team they are loaded! Will be a great fit with Beckman, Manning, Ivey the 11th region best player next year.
Last year tubby smith flew him on a private jet to Minnesota.
Isn't he the son of former UK player Jonathan Davis?
goldenrule19 Wrote:He should be playing up! Not playing against 8th grader. That how you keep getting better as a player. Maybe play with Nike Hoopdreams 16 and under team they are loaded! Will be a great fit with Beckman, Manning, Ivey the 11th region best player next year.

Not trying to start nothing....I promise. I love both players and look forward to watching both of them play their final two years of basketball in high school.

Do you really think Ivey will be better than Beckham? I am very familiar with Ivey and Beckham's game and I know Beckham will have more of a chance to shine than Ivey because Beckham is his team's #1 option but I have always came away more impressed with Beckham than Ivey. I have seen Ivey play since the 6th grade, I have seen Beckham since he was in the 9th. I know Ivey will have a lot more opportunities to showcase his abilities next year for Scott County than his first two years, but overall why do you feel he will be better than Beckham?
Strikeout King Wrote:I saw him this past Janurary when Lafayette played Breathitt County (@ Estill County - 82 Food Mart Classic) he wasn't even in the starting lineup

He did not start all games this year, but was a good player to come off the bench, especially as a 8th grader. I saw him in AAU last summer and when GRC played Lafayette. Give him time, he will be a good ball player.
Jackson Davis is a force to be reckoned with before he is done with his high school career!!!
He'll be a handful for any one in a few more years.
The King Wrote:Isn't he the son of former UK player Jonathan Davis?

Yep, sure is. I think he's already a better athlete than his dad too. Lol
If you want to see this kid play live he and his Lafayette teammates will be playing in the Fast Lane Classic Nov. 28 at Sheldon Clark High School as is Christian County, Bowling Green Clark County, Lou. Eastern to name just a few
Down and Out Wrote:If you want to see this kid play live he and his Lafayette teammates will be playing in the Fast Lane Classic Nov. 28 at Sheldon Clark High School as is Christian County, Bowling Green Clark County, Lou. Eastern to name just a few

You have alot of talent in this scrimmage again this year. Wasn't sure if GRC would be in this scrimmage or not again this year. Last I heard, GRC'S scrimmages hadn't been set yet.