Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BluegrassRivals.com Boys Basketball Top 20 (Mar. 1)
[SIZE="4"]1. Ballard (3)
2. Trinity (Lou.) (1)
3. Holmes
4. Scott County
5. George Rogers Clark
6. Christian County
7. Shelby Valley
8. Lexington Catholic
9. Jeffersontown
10. Bowling Green
11. Moore
12. Eastern
13. Mason County
14. Warren Central
T. McCreary Central
16. Tates Creek
17. Seneca
18. Shelby County
19. Corbin
T. Newport Central Catholic
T. Lafayette
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Others receiving votes: Paducah Tilghman, DuPont Manual, South Oldham

T = tie
[/SIZE]
Only 4 people vote?
Seems like a pretty solid list. I think I would put Trinity at the top even after the loss to Ballard. They have shown a lot of promise in the regular season. I really think that they will rebound strongly.
goodguy Wrote:Only 4 people vote?

Unfortunately.
Looks good to me for the most part. I got to watch Lafayette play in the pre season , and they have as much talent as almost anyone in the state. It's hard to beloved they've droped almost out of rankings all together
Good list.
I still like Trinity at #1.
Where's commodore colonel at to say that PCC should be on here?
Corbin makes it over Perry and Knott??? No Way!!
zaga_fan Wrote:Good list.
I still like Trinity at #1.
Where's commodore colonel at to say that PCC should be on here?

This week, they dont deserve to be.
How can some say that Trinity should be #1?

Ballard has beaten them twice this year now.

T's only win over Ballard came in OT.

This is probably the best ranking I've seen this year.
catfan1 Wrote:Corbin makes it over Perry and Knott??? No Way!!

I agree. Corbin has proven nothing.
pretty good!!
The Iceboxx Wrote:Looks good to me for the most part. I got to watch Lafayette play in the pre season , and they have as much talent as almost anyone in the state. It's hard to beloved they've droped almost out of rankings all together

I went to the Lafayette/Tates Creek game the other night and wasn't that impressed with Lafayette. They rely on their athletic ability way too much and they do not play fundamental basketball. TC just played smart and moved the ball around and made more plays.

Lafayette is a top 20 team, but if you can match up with their athleticism and have a team that can rebound and shoot it decently, then you've beaten this team.

Lexington Catholic isn't a very aggressive team outside of the Beckham brothers. They have decent size, but not much athleticism outside of the Beckham brothers. That's why I think Lafayette knocked them off in the 1st round of the 43rd tourney.
These rankings are terrible.lol

#2,8,12, and 17 have already been beaten out by lesser opponets.
The Iceboxx Wrote:These rankings are terrible.lol

Ballard is a lesser opponent than Eastern?
I was just joking really.

Anything can happen in march.
No Manual in the top 15? Wow. They ended the year beating Iroquois (over25pts), Male, Seneca (over 25 pts), and Jeffersontown at the end of the year. Blew the District Championship to Male after dominating the game and still had a 1 point lead with a minute left and beat Moore easily in the opening round of the 7th region tourney. Ok I can live with that. I hope Ballard looks over them as well.
1.Ballard 447
2.Trinity 320
3.Holmes 332
4.Scott Co 433
5.GRC 574
6.Christian Co 480
7.SV 747

I had some extra time fooling around with some stats, the numbers by the Teams represent the point differential between points scored and points scored against. For example, SV scored 2316 so far this year, their opponents have scored 1569, thus the 747# by the SV name. Trinity has only scored 320 points more than their opponents this year, no one is remotely close to the 747 points SV has scored more than their opponents. Told you I had some extra time, ha ha.
dortonite Wrote:1.Ballard 447
2.Trinity 320
3.Holmes 332
4.Scott Co 433
5.GRC 574
6.Christian Co 480
7.SV 747

I had some extra time fooling around with some stats, the numbers by the Teams represent the point differential between points scored and points scored against. For example, SV scored 2316 so far this year, their opponents have scored 1569, thus the 747# by the SV name. Trinity has only scored 320 points more than their opponents this year, no one is remotely close to the 747 points SV has scored more than their opponents. Told you I had some extra time, ha ha.

That is a huge point differential, however I think the reason SV's point differential is so large has something to do with the easy schedule that Shelby Valley has played.
goodguy Wrote:That is a huge point differential, however I think the reason SV's point differential is so large has something to do with the easy schedule that Shelby Valley has played.

Easy? Not quite. It wasn't ridiculously hard but it wasn't easy.
Can't believe that Mason Co is in the top 20, let alone #13.
goodguy Wrote:That is a huge point differential, however I think the reason SV's point differential is so large has something to do with the easy schedule that Shelby Valley has played.
Possibly so, I was just pointing out SV leads the State of Kentucky in this category!
Gold Charger Wrote:Can't believe that Mason Co is in the top 20, let alone #13.

Myself, I did rank at Mason Co. at #13, although I think there are several teams that could be put there. For me, ranking the top 12 this past Monday was easy, but after that it got hard. The teams from 13-20 were fairly interchangeable, but somebody had to be #13.

I will also say that amongst the BGR staff, I believe all of us had the same twelve teams at the top. There may have been some slight deviation in ranking, but we all had the same teams in the top 12. There seemed to be a sharp drop-off after that.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Iceboxx Wrote:These rankings are terrible.lol

justforfun Wrote:No Manual in the top 15? Wow. They ended the year beating Iroquois (over25pts), Male, Seneca (over 25 pts), and Jeffersontown at the end of the year. Blew the District Championship to Male after dominating the game and still had a 1 point lead with a minute left and beat Moore easily in the opening round of the 7th region tourney. Ok I can live with that. I hope Ballard looks over them as well.

Remember, these rankings were made before any of the regional tournament games, so anything that happened this week wouldn't have affected the rankings. That includes games in which Trinity, Eastern, and Moore went down in the first round of the 7th.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Remember, these rankings were made before any of the regional tournament games, so anything that happened this week wouldn't have affected the rankings. That includes games in which Trinity, Eastern, and Moore went down in the first round of the 7th.

Manual beat Iroquois, Seneca, and Jeffersontown before the 7th region tourney.

After watching Manual last evening they are truly a top 15 team, probably top 10. They where very competitive with Ballard and made it a game until the final 2 1/2 minutes of the game.
Well Holmes went down.....Back to the drawing board. Newport might just ought to be added to the list. :biggrin:
Ballard and Shelby Valley in the championship! Just wait and see.
How many of these teams are left? I know there has been a lot of upsets.
Buster Casserole Wrote:Ballard and Shelby Valley in the championship! Just wait and see.

Would be amazing! Going into the Sweet 16, Valley has to be one of the favorites to win it all, along with Ballard.
Newport should be top 10 with out a doubt after creaming holmes 60-34.....Holmes beat christian county in the joe b hall classic and now i believe newport will be a strong contender to win state with the talent they have.
Gold Charger Wrote:Can't believe that Mason Co is in the top 20, let alone #13.
Believe it now?