Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ryle Raiders (15-11)
18.18%
Newport Wildcats (26-5)
81.82%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryle vs. Newport (9th Region 1st Round)
First round of the 9th region tournament.

Ryle (15-11) will take on Newport (26-5).

Ryle comes in champs of the 33rd district after defeating Conner and Boone Co.

Newport comes in runner up out of the 36th after losing to Newcath in the finals 63-38.

Thoughts?
Newport by 2 :Thumbs:
Winner of this game should play NewCath-Holmes winner in the 9th Region final. I've seen Ryle-Newport-St. Henry-CovCath play this year. Ryle, Newport are better than the latter two. NewCath exposed some flaw in Newport's game, holding the Wildcats to less than 40 points. No doubt Ryle coaches took some notes. My prediction is that Ryle wins 50-40.
I like the way Newport finished the season. I'll take Newport by 8
Stardust Wrote:I like the way Newport finished the season. I'll take Newport by 8

Losing by 25 to NewCath in their last one doesn't look like a good finish in to me. I'll take Ryle by 6 in a little of an upset in this one.
Newport rebounds from their lackluster game aginst NewCath and win by 13
jalfzou Wrote:Winner of this game should play NewCath-Holmes winner in the 9th Region final. I've seen Ryle-Newport-St. Henry-CovCath play this year. Ryle, Newport are better than the latter two. NewCath exposed some flaw in Newport's game, holding the Wildcats to less than 40 points. No doubt Ryle coaches took some notes. My prediction is that Ryle wins 50-40.

I agree that Ryle/Newport winner will likely get to the finals, but Covcath has already beaten Ryle this year so I wouldn't count them out.

With that said, I think Ryle's defense is the difference in this one. They'll be physical with the Newport guards all night and have their way inside against Collins/McDaniel.

Ryle by 7-12.
justabballfan Wrote:Losing by 25 to NewCath in their last one doesn't look like a good finish in to me. I'll take Ryle by 6 in a little of an upset in this one.

that was just one game and before the last New Cath game the last time Newport lost was Jan 28th but im going to take Newport by 2
Newport should get to the rim in this one and I like them by 5.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I agree that Ryle/Newport winner will likely get to the finals, but Covcath has already beaten Ryle this year so I wouldn't count them out.

With that said, I think Ryle's defense is the difference in this one. They'll be physical with the Newport guards all night and have their way inside against Collins/McDaniel.

Ryle by 7-12.

:please:
who can guard McDaniel or Collins down low? Coleman IMO can't guard either of them but we'll find out tonight
I'll take Newport by 8
Newport by 11
I will say Newport by about 8.