Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jodie Meeks to be traded
The person, who spoke Thursday on the condition of anonymity because the deal has not been completed, said the Bucks would send rookie guard Jodie Meeks and center Francisco Elson to Philadelphia for Ivey, center Primoz Brezec and a second-round pick in the 2010 draft.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsports/headlines/84720942.html
CardinalAlum Wrote:The person, who spoke Thursday on the condition of anonymity because the deal has not been completed, said the Bucks would send rookie guard Jodie Meeks and center Francisco Elson to Philadelphia for Ivey, center Primoz Brezec and a second-round pick in the 2010 draft.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsports/headlines/84720942.html

could be very intersting to see ..but the drade deadline ended 38 minutes ago didnt it?
theVILLE Wrote:could be very intersting to see ..but the drade deadline ended 38 minutes ago didnt it?

Could have been a deal that was unannounced, maybe? Not likely in today's media age, but possibly.
I'm glad Meeks is going to the Sixers.
Like it matters? Meeks wasn't getting any playing time for the Bucks who suck, I doubt he is going to get any minutes behind Iverson, Iguodala, Carney, and the other guards they have
I would like to see Meeks go to a team where he will get decent playing time!
leecoukfan Wrote:I would like to see Meeks go to a team where he will get decent playing time!

The only way you are going to see that is in the D-League. Meeks couldn't even be in the rotation for the Nets, who could be the worst team in NBA History. Not saying he sucks, but he is not good enough to be a real rotation player in the NBA. Of course no UK fans will agree since everyone acted like he was the next MJ or something.
runninrebs21 Wrote:The only way you are going to see that is in the D-League. Meeks couldn't even be in the rotation for the Nets, who could be the worst team in NBA History. Not saying he sucks, but he is not good enough to be a real rotation player in the NBA. Of course no UK fans will agree since everyone acted like he was the next MJ or something.

Folks said the same thing about Kelenna Azubuike too.

Only time will tell, but Meeks could turn into a decent roll player for someone. There's no possible way you could make an accurate call on his future now.
runninrebs21 Wrote:The only way you are going to see that is in the D-League. Meeks couldn't even be in the rotation for the Nets, who could be the worst team in NBA History. Not saying he sucks, but he is not good enough to be a real rotation player in the NBA. Of course no UK fans will agree since everyone acted like he was the next MJ or something.

Are you an NBA talent expectation expert? How do you know what he's going to do in 10 years?
Doesn't matter where Jodie lands up, he is an alum of the University of Kentucky. I hope he has a great career no matter where he is! Wish him nothing but the best in Philly!!
New life, hopefully brings new hope
Stardust Wrote:New life, hopefully brings new hope

Hes making 650,000 on the bench, Sounds good to me.
Wish him the best in Philly
Poor poor meeks. Anyways, "Azubukee" runs the warriors and gets a great amount of playing time. I wish the best for ole' Meeks tho!
Meeks was dumb to leave UK this year. Could you imagine how good we would be with him. I doubt he will ever become anything in the NBA.
Ballers Wrote:Poor poor meeks. Anyways, "Azubukee" runs the warriors and gets a great amount of playing time. I wish the best for ole' Meeks tho!

He hasnt played all year due to injury.
Actually Azubuike played for a while, and actually was doing very well but then hurt his knee. He did play some this year though.
Westside Wrote:I'm glad Meeks is going to the Sixers.

i hope cause meeks will do better at the sixers i think
Meeks was awesome at Ky. Hasn't done much in the NBA in the beginning, however neither did Rondo, and look at him now. Iverson could teach him a lot and he could be a really good player down the road. Same thing was said about Hayes, everyone said he was too small to play forward, and not a good enough to shooter to be a guard. Now he starts. So I for one will wait and see what happens. I hope he does great (as i do for all Ky players)
Good luck to Jodie. I know that he is at least on a conference contender now.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Like it matters? Meeks wasn't getting any playing time for the Bucks who suck, I doubt he is going to get any minutes behind Iverson, Iguodala, Carney, and the other guards they have

lol
Meeks one of the hardest playing "Cats" in a while and has had to just outwork many ahead of him to even have a spot in the "League".

Had a good pre-season yet, many do not realize that the last player on a NBA bench is just waiting on a opportunity and minutes.

Hope Meeks gets the break that he needs !! Not by any means is he going to be a NBA star yet, hope he gets the opportunity to have a solid career.
he should do well once he gets in a gets his feet wet