Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iroquois 67 - Western 53 (6th Region Tournament)
From Jody Demling's blog:

IROQUOIS 67, WESTERN 53: The regional favorite Raiders got 33 points and 18 rebounds - almost a double-double in each half - from junior Jermaine Jackson. He was 13 of 19 from the field and 6 of 8 from the free-throw line. Donovan Gibbs added 15 points and 10 rebounds the for the Raiders. Jesse Perry had 15 points for Western, which hit just 21 of 58 from the field and had 18 turnovers.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html
Congrats Iroquois, this region is so wide open. I wonder if Male can pull off the upset tomorrow. Having Trinity out would free up the field for the whole sweet 16.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Congrats Iroquois, this region is so wide open. I wonder if Male can pull off the upset tomorrow. Having Trinity out would free up the field for the whole sweet 16.
Trinity isn't the only team in the 7th, it is loaded. Ballard is just as good or better. Will cause problem for many teams. They are not real tall but very athletic and can jump out of the gym.
CONGRATS IROQUOIS :Thumbs:
Congrats raiders!!
It's tough to see your Alma mater go down...

I really hope that Iroquois can bring it all together this week, and a repeat of last season doesn't happen again. Iroquois had central down by a lot and let central get back into it late . Then blah blah , Central goes onto a state runner up.
Gold Charger Wrote:Trinity isn't the only team in the 7th, it is loaded. Ballard is just as good or better. Will cause problem for many teams. They are not real tall but very athletic and can jump out of the gym.

Agreed that the region is absolutely loaded but I feel as thought Trinity is the strongest (even with the loss in the district). If Ballard and Trinity were to get beat out in the regional tourney, that would leave J-town or Eastern to get to Rupp which is a slightly better draw than Ballard or Trinity. But yes I agree I am wrong to just put Trinity in that elite group. Sorry about that. :Thumbs: