Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lafayette 62 Lexington Catholic 56 (43rd District)
Lexington Catholic not making the regional tourney. WOW.
Billy Hicks is doing back-flips right now.

I'm in shock!

Congrats Lafayette!
Big upset early. All the experts said that Catholic or Scott Co was the only teams that could win the Region. Looks like Lafayette had other ideas.
wow wow wow....major upset
Is this a big upset???
Congratulations to Lafayette !! In my opinion, this is a very big upset.
Catholic had only lost two games all year to Kentucky opponents. Warren Central at the beginning of the year at the Marshall Hoopfest and Trinity at the Republic Bank Championship game.

They had beaten Scott County, Clark County, well on their way and now this.

Lafayette has had a solid year at 20-5, BUT they lost to both Lexington Christian and Ryle by 20.

11th Region is just flat brutal, but barring a Scott County misstep, they have to be considered a favorite at Rupp if they get there. Just unbelievable.
Remember they made a good run last year too in the region. I believe they had injuries then and got them back at the end of the year and I believe they did the same thing this year. They look like they are all at 100% and running on all cylinders for the tourney. Congrats to Lafayette on a great win and good luck the rest of the way.
I'm heartbroken but Lafayette deserved to win. They have a good combination of quickness and size and were very well prepared last night. They definitely have the ability to beat a Scott County or anyone for that matter. They were loose and LexCath was very tight last night. I'll be pulling for Lafayette from here on.
Lafayette, Tates Creek, and Scott Co are all three more than capable of winning the 11th region. While this was a mild upset, I don't think it was the major upset that others have declared it. Lafayette is a very good team. They are not real big but are very quick and are very athletic and very deep. If I am not mistaken the loses to LCA and Ryle took place when Lafayette had key players out with injuries. Lafayette has been a sleeping giant for a long time. Coldiron has given them the oportunity to get out and run.
For the next couple of weeks we will continue to heard of upsets like this one. I cant believe that the 4th best team in the state is already out of the mix but they did have to face a very solid Lafeyette team. I would not be too surprised if we hear of a certain key Louisville team getting knocked off before the end of district. The bigger city districts are full of talent and it is a crapshoot to just get out to the regional tourney. I hope that Lex Cath rebounds next year, but for right now I am going to enjoy another year with out them being in the spotlight. Great game for Lafayette. I think they are playing with some great passion right now to knock off the 4th best team in the state. The district is as good as theirs if they can get by Tates Creek.
Wow!
Wow everybody was saying it was gonna come down to Lex Cath and Scott Co for the 11th but it looks like that wont be the case. Congrats to Lafayette
This one shocked me for sure.
My goodness this is a strong opening round game in the district. Congrats to the Generals.
Wow, what a shocker. I expected a showdown with SC
Big upset!
Congrats Lafayette, you beat a top3 team!
Congrats to Lafayette on the W.

They have a very good chance at winning the 11th if they continue to play well.
They just have to get by Tates Creek and Scott. Will really test them just to get to the sweet 16.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:They just have to get by Tates Creek and Scott. Will really test them just to get to the sweet 16.
Don't over look Madison Southern. I look for them to knock someone off.
Talked with a Catholic parent yesterday and was told Catholic played very tight, did not play well as a group and turned the ball over to many times to win a game like this one. They said there were 18 turnovers between two players and the team had 25+ total.
A friend of mine and I both predicted that Lafayette would beat LexCath. I don't think this game was nearly the upset that most of you are making it out to be. Lafayette is going to be a tough team to beat.
Lafayette has a 6'7 Eighth grader that starts for them....didn't know that.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Lafayette has a 6'7 Eighth grader that starts for them....didn't know that.
Actually he is 6"8. Son of Jonathan Davis that played for UK. Jonathan Davis is an assistant coach at Lafayette. I watched him in AAU last summer and when we played Lafayette. He is young and lanky, but has some good skills. Going to be a good player.He didn't start at the beginning of the year, but worked himself into the rotation.