Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holmes @ Highlands 2/5
Big 9th region match up in Ft. Thomas Friday night between the Dogs and Bluebirds.

Despite Highlands struggles lately, this could be a preview of the 9th region championship.

Thoughts?
Man, this can go a lot of different ways.

Both teams play their best and Holmes wins by 10+

Both teams play bad and Holmes win by -5

But both teams have showed tendencies throughout the year to just disappear. If either team plays bad, while the other plays well..........

That's no answer, but who knows who will show up. This could be a 42-38 game or a 75-70 game
with Grubbs being out for the rest of the season for the bluebirds...i look for holmes to win by 12-15
kywldcat01 Wrote:Big 9th region match up in Ft. Thomas Friday night between the Dogs and Bluebirds.

Despite Highlands struggles lately, this could be a preview of the 9th region championship.

Thoughts?

Prediction: Highlands 56, Holmes 54. Ryle-Dixie games seem to indicate that the Bulldogs are mentally tired ... ready for the 9th Region tourney to begin. 'Dogs may close out the regular season by playing .500 ball.
jalfzou Wrote:Prediction: Highlands 56, Holmes 54. Ryle-Dixie games seem to indicate that the Bulldogs are mentally tired ... ready for the 9th Region tourney to begin. 'Dogs may close out the regular season by playing .500 ball.

I've gotta disagree with you on this one. Holmes had two very similar games last year (Scott/Boone) as the Ryle/Dixie games and seemed to turn it up after that.

You have to realize that Holmes is getting every teams' best shot night in and night out. They are constantly trying to adjust to different styles because teams try to throw so many different looks at them.

In this game, I see Highlands really struggling down low without Grubbs. Pittman had a HUGE game last year WITH Grubbs in there and I see it being even worse this year without the big guy down there patrolling the paint.

Ricardo Johnson and Elijah Pittman won't let this team lose another game during the regular season. I'd be very surprised if that happened. Look for both to come out very focused and lead this team to a victory over the Birds.

Highlands will have trouble matching Holmes' size and athleticism in the back court.

Holmes: 64
Highlands: 55
Game could go either way, but I'll take Holmes by 4.
More than likely this game will/or already is cancelled
kywldcat01 Wrote:I've gotta disagree with you on this one. Holmes had two very similar games last year (Scott/Boone) as the Ryle/Dixie games and seemed to turn it up after that.

Your comparison is valid ... to a point. But there's one huge difference between Scott-Boone in '09 and Ryle-Dixie in '10. Scott finished the '09 season at 23-9 and was the third best team in the 10th. Boone in '09 posted a 26-5 record and, in my opinion, was one of the seven or eight best teams in the state. Ryle and Dixie '10 are nowhere near Scott-Boone '09 in terms of talent. The fact that Holmes struggled against both of these near-.500 teams does not bode well for the Bulldogs.

So what's changed in a year? Holmes this year does not have the bench depth that it did last year. Henley substituted much more last year than this year. You don't lose players of the caliber of Riley, Housley and Dom Johnson and not have it negatively impact your team the next year.

kywldcat01 Wrote:You have to realize that Holmes is getting every teams' best shot night in and night out. They are constantly trying to adjust to different styles because teams try to throw so many different looks at them.

I agree.

kywldcat01 Wrote:Ricardo Johnson and Elijah Pittman won't let this team lose another game during the regular season.

I agree, the guys are studs, but if they each have a horrible shooting night as they did vs. Ryle, then Holmes easily could be bounced out of the Region 9 tourney.
Picking Highland by 9.