Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th All A Semi's and Finals Scores?
Does anyone know the who won between Buckhorn and Wolfe and Hazard and Leslie and also, who won in the finals?
Hazard beat Buckhorn in the finals in OT.
Aslan Wrote:Hazard beat Buckhorn in the finals in OT.

Thanks, were the semi-final games blowouts?
PCBaseball Wrote:Thanks, were the semi-final games blowouts?

I have no idea, I was listening to the finals on the radio. Buckhorn was down 15 and come back to force ot.
Can't find the Buckhorn vs. Wolfe Co. score but Hazard beat Leslie Co. 55-50.

Hazard won in overtime 72-69 over Buckhorn.
Buckhorn just beat Wolfe by 2 I think on a last second shot.
Aslan Wrote:I have no idea, I was listening to the finals on the radio. Buckhorn was down 15 and come back to force ot.

Wow! sounds like a great game. I figured that both these teams would have an easy trip to the finals. Wolfe and Leslie are pretty weak like us. Knott beat us like a drumb tonight. They could have beat us by 50 if they wanted to. I believe that only Perry,Knott,Buckhorn,Hazard,and Breathitt have any shot at the Regional title this year. After those five, the region is ver weak this year.
Buckhorn did win by 2 with score of 67-65 over Wolfe Co. in semifinals.Wolfe Co. had 8 point 3rd quarter lead.Game was tied.Buckhorn missed shot and Blank got his only basket on a putback wide open shot before the buzzer.
Hazard trailed Leslie Co. by 6 very early but won 55-50.
And as said a thrilling game in finals.
Hazard had 35-19 halftime lead which vanished in second half.
.Went to overtime 63-63.
At end there was some discussion because after Buckhorn scored they called timeout but didn't have one.Clock showed no time left.Referees conferred and Hazard shot a technical which became final score 72-69 Hazard win but referee had put .6 on clock and Al Holland couldn't understand why they put time back on clock.
Lots and lots of fouls in this game.Buckhorn lost some players late.I think Hazard lost couple.
Not taking anyway from Wolfe and Leslie, but I think both Hazard and Buckhorn may have been looking ahead to the championship game. BUT, they were both close to be knocked out by two teams who camd ready to play.

Now for the championship game, I watched 2 teams that has as much chance to win the region as any other team in the region. Great game! Foul trouble and terrible FT shooting really hurt Buckhorn. I truly thought we were done at half-time, but Buckhorn came out with fire in their eyes and turned the game into a classic. Too bad, along with Perry, that one of these great teams will have to miss the region.