Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alumni Football League
:champ: Alright, I have been asking down state about this and I have some response on other boards. I am seeking to make contact with other older players who would like to see an Alumni Football League. Players must be grads of your high school and can not currently play at any higher educational institution. (College). Games would be played to help the football boosters or alumni clubs at schools. Monies would be for the home team, holding the game. I am looking at probably playing each other 2 times- home and away.
Games would be played in the late spring and summer. Same as semi-pro ball.
Possible playoff game and league winner.
You can private meesage me if you are interested in starting a team.
The league would start next spring 2007. All team reps would get together and decide dates and schedules.
I have approval to use our JFL field at Russell for games here.
What do you guys think?
Can this blossom into a bigger reality of schools having their own Alumni Team................
Devilologist Wrote::champ: Alright, I have been asking down state about this and I have some response on other boards. I am seeking to make contact with other older players who would like to see an Alumni Football League. Players must be grads of your high school and can not currently play at any higher educational institution. (College). Games would be played to help the football boosters or alumni clubs at schools. Monies would be for the home team, holding the game. I am looking at probably playing each other 2 times- home and away.
Games would be played in the late spring and summer. Same as semi-pro ball.
Possible playoff game and league winner.
You can private meesage me if you are interested in starting a team.
The league would start next spring 2007. All team reps would get together and decide dates and schedules.
I have approval to use our JFL field at Russell for games here.
What do you guys think?
Can this blossom into a bigger reality of schools having their own Alumni Team................

Wow you convinced dwaine to let you use the field. :theman:
man that does sound great. i know several guys whom i grad with that would play but the problem is i dont know how we could get the equipment because i doubt the school would loan it to us.
sounds great, i'm sure p-burg would get a team up
Vincent Vega Wrote:man that does sound great. i know several guys whom i grad with that would play but the problem is i dont know how we could get the equipment because i doubt the school would loan it to us.

Prestonsburg might loan their equipment. Ask them.
The ultimate goal is to have a league with older players that love to play the game. This is for the love of it and nothing else. No big paydays just the game. I know that when I played semi-pro this past year alot of colleges will donate older equipment to get rid of it. Shoes pads, old practice pants old practice jerseys and stuff like that. I know that the owner of the team I played for had a truck load of donated equipment. We might want to check out some high schools to see if we could get some or buy it a discount or DONATE money to their booster fund.
I know I bought a brand new SCHUTT DNA this past year and paid around 150.00 for it, shoulder pads brand new were 60 bucks in Huntington. We had to buy all of our equioment to play, BUT MAN WAS IT WORTH IT !!!!!!!!
If we can get this started we should look at playing in the spring of 2007. Around April-May-June with the playoffs in July before high school ball starts up.
Conatct me by private message here and give me a contact for the one who want to do this. Russell is in, Ashland has shown interest and Fairvew has shown interest.
But it will take the work of all who want this to work.