Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps/Shelby Valley Cancelled 1/21
Due to Shelby Valley's schedule of games, Shelby Valley will cancel the Thursday game with Phelps.
Thanks for the info. I really didnt think that Valley would do this. They could have played the starters for 1 quarter and would have been fine. Hope that this gives them more time to prepare for Christian Co. Good luck wildcats.
That is so classless... regardless of WHAT SV would have done on the court there was no cause for the comment you made SDK.... SV cancelled the game DUE to having an over abundance of games to play .... Phelps of course has the MC tournament going on right now that was supposed to have been played back during the snow storm. I am a Phelps graduate with ties to each and every school within the county in some way. I uphold SV when a LOT of people put them down and cheer for them when they aren't playing Phelps or Belfry. I have a family member who is on the team and will continue to cheer for them due to that fact. I think your comment went beyond what needed to be said on here as that is exactly the reason some SV fans (along with others schools too) get a bad name! This: "Due to Shelby Valley's schedule of games" is the reason the poster stated the game was cancelled. NOT because SV could only play their starters one quarter!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Is this a district game?
phs1986 Wrote:That is so classless... regardless of WHAT SV would have done on the court there was no cause for the comment you made SDK.... SV cancelled the game DUE to having an over abundance of games to play .... Phelps of course has the MC tournament going on right now that was supposed to have been played back during the snow storm. I am a Phelps graduate with ties to each and every school within the county in some way. I uphold SV when a LOT of people put them down and cheer for them when they aren't playing Phelps or Belfry. I have a family member who is on the team and will continue to cheer for them due to that fact. I think your comment went beyond what needed to be said on here as that is exactly the reason some SV fans (along with others schools too) get a bad name! This: "Due to Shelby Valley's schedule of games" is the reason the poster stated the game was cancelled. NOT because SV could only play their starters one quarter!!!

You took this way out of context. In no way did i want to cause anyone to get mad or take offense. I thought that they did this to allow the players to rest a little more before the Christian Co game. I agree that I could have pharsed it differently and if you could you take my post down, I would appreciate it. Sorry to offend a past Phelps grad.

By the way since you are close Phelps, do you know if they will be able to make this game up.
Now What Wrote:Is this a district game?
Nope it is just a regional game. Hate that it has to be rescheduled. Good luck to both teams.
this dosnt count as a lose does is
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I really didnt think that Valley would do this.

Any other school that made the All A state would probably be in the same situation of having to drop a game...
As far as I know, this has nothing to do with SV not wanting to play Phelps or having more time to prepare for Christian County. I may be wrong, but every year teams who make the All "A" state tournament have to do this . Each game SV plays in that tournament will count on their total games (and there is a limit). I was told that SV may have to cancel at least 1 more and possibly more if they advance far in the All "A" state. This has nothing to do with being classless and shouldn't be portrayed that way. The fans of SV hate to see any game canceled because we really enjoy watching this team. Whoever makes it to the All "A" state next year will probably have to do the same thing. Canceling non district games is the only way to go because they sure can't cancel those.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:As far as I know, this has nothing to do with SV not wanting to play Phelps or having more time to prepare for Christian County. I may be wrong, but every year teams who make the All "A" state tournament have to do this . Each game SV plays in that tournament will count on their total games (and there is a limit). I was told that SV may have to cancel at least 1 more and possibly more if they advance far in the All "A" state. This has nothing to do with being classless and shouldn't be portrayed that way. The fans of SV hate to see any game canceled because we really enjoy watching this team. Whoever makes it to the All "A" state next year will probably have to do the same thing. Canceling non district games is the only way to go because they sure can't cancel those.

Wow. I never knew that. Thank you so much for informing me. I was hoping that they would get it rescheduled but if there is a limit then I guess that this has to be one of the games taken off. I would say thta Valley should have to play the district games before rescheduling the region games.
The King Wrote:Any other school that made the All A state would probably be in the same situation of having to drop a game...

Yep DortonWildcat informed me of the situation with All A winners. Thanks King.