Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Independent Super 7 1/18
Here is this weeks super 7 from ADI. Anyone have any thoughts?

Boys

1. Ashland (13-2)

2. Fairview (12-2)

3. East Carter (12-3)

4. Elliott County (13-5)

5. Menifee County (9-6)

6. Fleming County (7-4)

7. Bath County (7-5)
I think the top 4 are exactly right, and in the right order.

Obviously, that could change as the All "A" tournament goes on, but for now, I think the Independent has it right.

Of the other three, I've seen Fleming, but not Menifee or Bath. I think Fleming has earned their spot, but the team that surprises me (by their absence) is Lewis County. After watching them early in the season, I really thought that they were going to be at the top of that second group of teams. There are still 6 weeks or so, but I think Lewis needs to start making a move.
Well, after seeing that Bath played Fairview to within two points in the All "A" tournament, I'd have to say that Bath definitely belongs in the Super Seven as well.

I'm also beginning to think that the gap between the top four and the second tier really isn't that big. It's pretty obvious that, on a given night, there are several teams that can beat anyone in the region. Of course, at Morehead, you have to have three consecutive "given nights", and THAT is what makes it tough on the teams that make up the second tier. That is true every year.
What do you think, 16thBBF?

Do you see the Super Seven as pretty close?
Squid Wrote:I think the top 4 are exactly right, and in the right order.

Obviously, that could change as the All "A" tournament goes on, but for now, I think the Independent has it right.

Of the other three, I've seen Fleming, but not Menifee or Bath. I think Fleming has earned their spot, but the team that surprises me (by their absence) is Lewis County. After watching them early in the season, I really thought that they were going to be at the top of that second group of teams. There are still 6 weeks or so, but I think Lewis needs to start making a move.

As stated last week the Lions are playing without leading scorer Koty Riley. They have reeled off three straight wins in his absence.
Sounds about right. I havent see the teams but from what I have heard and read it seems to be right. Elliot took that figured step back.