Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tates Creek 46 Fairview 28
Final.
I don't know what type of talent Tates Creek has, but one thing is certain - they have one of the best coaches in the state. Breeden may be one of the best coaches this state has ever seen.
Agree very good coach.
Tates Creek is just a .500 team in the middle of the pack in the 11th Region but they do have a fine coach.
Congrats TC
Congrats TC! Low, low scoring game here. Wasn't Breeden at Ashland before? If so, it appears he plays the same style at Tates Creek...
Truth Wrote:Tates Creek is just a .500 team in the middle of the pack in the 11th Region but they do have a fine coach.

Did Collins play? He was not in the box score.
16BBall Fan Wrote:Did Collins play? He was not in the box score.

That's a good question, 16BBF. I heard that he was out right now, and probably won't get back for another week or so. I'm not sure about that, but that is what I was told. I hope he comes back at full strength. He is one of the top players in the region, when healthy.

As for Breeden, I think that if he had a more engaging personality, he'd be coaching at the college level right now. He's as good as it gets when it comes to X's and O's.
Squid Wrote:As for Breeden, I think that if he had a more engaging personality, he'd be coaching at the college level right now. He's as good as it gets when it comes to X's and O's.
Couldn't agree more
Squid Wrote:I don't know what type of talent Tates Creek has, but one thing is certain - they have one of the best coaches in the state. Breeden may be one of the best coaches this state has ever seen.

Agree
Definitely does not bode well for the 16th, from this board, everyone seems to think that Fairview was the best team in the 16th.

Hopefully the shortfall in scoring was because Fairview was short-handed.
I'm sure that had something to do with the outcome.
I'm a little surprised Fairview lost the way they did in this game. They are supposed to be the 16th favorite but really took one on the chin from a Tates Creek team that isn't very strong outside of Barksdale and Fucci.

Congrats to the Commodores on the W.
Squid Wrote:That's a good question, 16BBF. I heard that he was out right now, and probably won't get back for another week or so. I'm not sure about that, but that is what I was told. I hope he comes back at full strength. He is one of the top players in the region, when healthy.

As for Breeden, I think that if he had a more engaging personality, he'd be coaching at the college level right now. He's as good as it gets when it comes to X's and O's.

I had a good bit of contact with Breeden when he was at Ashland. He was not one to play "kissie butt" as do so many other coaches. He said what he thought and called them the way he saw them regardless of how his comments were received. He was and is a breath of fresh air to coaching.
Tates Creek although they're .500 team they still a good team and it was a good win for the Commodores. And as far as the favorite for the 16th Region, I think that Ashland is just as much the favorite as Fairwiew is!
Truth Wrote:I had a good bit of contact with Breeden when he was at Ashland. He was not one to play "kissie butt" as do so many other coaches. He said what he thought and called them the way he saw them regardless of how his comments were received. He was and is a breath of fresh air to coaching.

Good post, Truth. I agree with everything you put in there. If there were more Wayne Breeden's in the profession, coaching would be held in higher esteem.

Then again, a lot of people would have some bruised feelings, but that is another story.
goodguy Wrote:Definitely does not bode well for the 16th, from this board, everyone seems to think that Fairview was the best team in the 16th.

Hopefully the shortfall in scoring was because Fairview was short-handed.
I'm sure that had something to do with the outcome.

I understand what you are saying, Goodguy, and what you say has merit, but I'm not sure that I completely agree with all of it. Fairview is one of the three or four teams that are regional contenders, and they are currently in the driver's seat. They are not "runaway favorites" - nor is anyone else - for the 16th title.

Christian County is a great example of why I would hesitate to completely agree with you. From what we heard, Christian should have walked away with the AIT, but until today, they hadn't won a game. Like Fairview, they were playing without a key player, but it's just too small a sample size to get a real picture of what a team can do.

When healthy, Fairview is a very solid team. Then again, playing against Breeden can expose anyone's weaknesses.
tates creek has been surprising me lately
Creeker Wrote:Wasn't Breeden at Ashland before?

Yes, he was. He had a record of 123-41 (.750) in five years with Ashland. 5th place all time in victories for Ashland, only behind Bob Wright (168), Harold Cole (171), Mike Flynn (182) and the gym's namesake James Anderson (187).
fp_atl Wrote:Yes, he was. He had a record of 123-41 (.750) in five years with Ashland. 5th place all time in victories for Ashland, only behind Bob Wright (168), Harold Cole (171), Mike Flynn (182) and the gym's namesake James Anderson (187).

How many did Paul Patterson have I know he never lost a game in the 16th region in a five year span in the mid to late 70's.