Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 39 Paintsville 31
Both teams trouble shooting today in Gatlinburg, TN. Congrats Pikeville
WOW! Bet that was an exciting game to watch!
Sounds like a score from a girls game and not a boys game!
Very low scoring. Thats a long way to go to play a game against each other. I thought Paintsville would beat them since Clark was/is out.
Congrats Pikeville
Congrats Pikeville!!! Hope Paitnsville gets back on their feet here pretty soon.
I wish the Pikeville coaching staff would look for a new offense. Firing up threes is not going allow Pikeville to compete with other teams in their region.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:I wish the Pikeville coaching staff would look for a new offense. Firing up threes is not going allow Pikeville to compete with other teams in their region.
I liked the lineup and play of: Burchett, Evans, Branham, Keene/Cecil, and Rowe. Having two shooters on the floor at the same time is a great asset. Branham played GREAT in the Smoky Mountain Tourney. Once Clark gets back and is able to run the point, that puts three good shooters on the floor with Cecil and Rowe down low. And then Keene, Burchett, Tackett, Ratliff can provide defense and hustle. Evans and Cecil just need to find that mental toughness and focus that seems to escape for spells. Once they do that this will be a top 4 or 5 team in the region.

As for the game, it wasn't boring. It was intense, but very good defense mixed with very poor offense didn't hurt the fingers of the scorekeeper. Pikeville MUST improve on FT shooting.
the strength of this team is not the guards...the coaching staff needs to realize this...
The best teams have balance offensively with many of the teams players averaging around 10 or 11 points per game. Balance can come when both the guards and forwards are equally efficient. Other ingredients for success are team play, tough defense, good ballhandling and proficient free throw shooting. Panther Thunder will make a good coach one day. He seems to be wise beyond his years. It takes ten hands to make a basket. Good luck Panthers keep up the good work you are on the right track. You will be a good TEAM and the last time I checked it is a TEAM sport.
This team has yet to have its complete lineup on the floor yet. They are going to be a good team. I really like this group of kids they seem to get along great. This team needs to continue to improve defensively and get out and run and play wide open. They have some of the potentially best defensive players in the region. Burchett and Clark can lock you down and Rowe plays really good post defense and takes a charge with the best of them. If they continue to improve on defense hopefully they will be able to turn that into some easy buckets. This team is ready to turn the corner not struggle.