Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 80 - Henry Clay 70
Why no thread started on this after a very good win by the Tigers against an athletic team out of the 11th region? And no Spurlock bashing today? Hmmmmmm, guess seeing the boys fail is the only time anyone wants to respond about them and the coaches.

Great win Tigers!!!! Being without Hooker, you're going to have to dig a little deeper to pick up the slack. This is one fan who believes you can, and you have a coach who can get it out of you.

Take care of Knox Tuesday night.
Good win for the Tigers. Apparently, the team threatening a walk out if some things didn't change did the trick. It's amazing how a team of young men will pull together when one kid stands up and decides he and the team has had enough. He didn't start but he played well when he entered the game. Spurlock started to go back to his old ways until team leader Reed pulled him aside turing a time out. The result was the players played and the coach sat for the most part. Playing relaxed, with no brow beating, they scored more points than I can remember. It didn't hurt that HC had only one kid over 6 ft.
If the coach can follow the ultimatum laid out to him by the team this week, then the Tigers have a chance to be very solid. If he don't, then look for a replacement soon.

Anyway, first time in years that we all left with smiles on our faces.
Congrats CC
fan first Wrote:Good win for the Tigers. Apparently, the team threatening a walk out if some things didn't change did the trick. It's amazing how a team of young men will pull together when one kid stands up and decides he and the team has had enough. He didn't start but he played well when he entered the game. Spurlock started to go back to his old ways until team leader Reed pulled him aside turing a time out. The result was the players played and the coach sat for the most part. Playing relaxed, with no brow beating, they scored more points than I can remember. It didn't hurt that HC had only one kid over 6 ft.
If the coach can follow the ultimatum laid out to him by the team this week, then the Tigers have a chance to be very solid. If he don't, then look for a replacement soon.

What team ultimatum? I don't believe that. :dontthink
fan first Wrote:Good win for the Tigers. Apparently, the team threatening a walk out if some things didn't change did the trick. It's amazing how a team of young men will pull together when one kid stands up and decides he and the team has had enough. He didn't start but he played well when he entered the game. Spurlock started to go back to his old ways until team leader Reed pulled him aside turing a time out. The result was the players played and the coach sat for the most part. Playing relaxed, with no brow beating, they scored more points than I can remember. It didn't hurt that HC had only one kid over 6 ft.

If this is true, it sounds like the inmates(no pun intended on all the jailed Clay County politicians) are running the asylum. If parents and school officials are allowing this to happen, Clay County will not make it back to the state tournament for a very long time. Coach Spurlock will just be another coach they have run off.
daredevil4life Wrote:Why no thread started on this after a very good win by the Tigers against an athletic team out of the 11th region? And no Spurlock bashing today? Hmmmmmm, guess seeing the boys fail is the only time anyone wants to respond about them and the coaches.

Great win Tigers!!!! Being without Hooker, you're going to have to dig a little deeper to pick up the slack. This is one fan who believes you can, and you have a coach who can get it out of you.

Take care of Knox Tuesday night.

that will indeed be a barn burner.

What are you smoking, or drinking? There was no ultimatum. Reed didn't pull him aside and say anything to him. Spurlock is the coach, and he will continue to coach the way he always has, because he has had success, and if the players don't like it, they can do something else.
You have got to be doing something that causes you to not think clearly. I'm sorry, but you have said some things on here that is just laughable. I know this is an opinion page, but come on man. Get a grip. Who is feeding you your info, and who is selling you the stuff you're taking, cause you need to get your money back. And change your name on here, because you sure ain't fan by putting down the WHOLE program the way you do. And yes, coaches are a part of the program as well.
Good Game
I can't imagine a team giving a coach an ultimatum. A principal or superintendent, maybe, but not a team. Of course, it is Clay Co. and stranger things have happened.
This stuff cracks me up!!! It's always something with them. I just wish they would let Coach Marcum take over.
Clay County basketball is fast becoming Notre Dame football.
good win for clay