Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason County 49 (Cov.) Holy Cross 38
Mason County 1-0

Covington Holy Cross 1-2
I believe Setty finished with 16 points in this one.

I've very surprised Mason co only won by 11 points considering Newcath just beat the Indians by 24 a few nights ago.
Mason County scored 21 in the first quarter and had a 9 point lead, BUT in the 2nd Holy Cross spread things out and really slowed the game down.

Royals didn't help themselves when they got the ball and that essentially started a trend that carried over the rest of the game. Free throw shooting was horrid in the 4th quarter, Mason County could have won by 20, but missed 10 free throws or something. That has been a common theme for this team for years it seems like.

Only Setty in double figures, it really will take some time for this team to find an identity. Losing as much as they have the last couple years, they don't really have a "go to guy" right now.

Thankfully, they no longer have a Scott County or Catholic on their schedule. They do play Holmes, but they will have plenty of chances to get things right as March approaches. BUT this is really a work in progress.
homeless_camel Wrote:Mason County scored 21 in the first quarter and had a 9 point lead, BUT in the 2nd Holy Cross spread things out and really slowed the game down.

Royals didn't help themselves when they got the ball and that essentially started a trend that carried over the rest of the game. Free throw shooting was horrid in the 4th quarter, Mason County could have won by 20, but missed 10 free throws or something. That has been a common theme for this team for years it seems like.

Only Setty in double figures, it really will take some time for this team to find an identity. Losing as much as they have the last couple years, they don't really have a "go to guy" right now.

Thankfully, they no longer have a Scott County or Catholic on their schedule. They do play Holmes, but they will have plenty of chances to get things right as March approaches. BUT this is really a work in progress.

They will miss Bonner and Pawsatt beside those that graduated. Who started for the Royals? Did Manship play?
Gold Charger Wrote:They will miss Bonner and Pawsatt beside those that graduated. Who started for the Royals? Did Manship play?

Manship did play, didn't score, don't know how many minutes he got.

I think the starting five was the two Lang's, Setty, Gilbert and Black? I think that's right.

This quote from the Masyville newspaper best sums up the team right now...

Fearis and Ryne King each added four points off the bench and provided another bright spot for Mason County, which was experimenting with different lineups while trying to fill the void from the loss of graduated guards Russ Middleton and Keith Downing, transfer Phil Barner, and junior forward Neal Pawsat, who will miss most of the year with a knee injury. Josh Harris, who was expected to contribute off the bench, is also injured.

http://maysville-online.com/articles/200...861266.txt
Congrats MC
homeless_camel Wrote:Mason County scored 21 in the first quarter and had a 9 point lead, BUT in the 2nd Holy Cross spread things out and really slowed the game down.

Mason Co Does Play Scott High On Friday...Not A Team To OVERLOOK
Peacedomes85 Wrote:Mason Co Does Play Scott High On Friday...Not A Team To OVERLOOK

I agree. After seeing this score, I look for Scott to get the win over Mason.