Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 52 Pulaski County 12 (5A Semifinal)
No matter what I type on here you are going to be negative so I am just not going to worry about it. You can't tell me that we are more dedicated in the off season than Highlands. Show me proof and I will apologize. I saw them at practice with my own eyes texting. I know more than what ya think. I am 32 years old. Seems like you know Coach Whitaker, so you tell me what we can do to improve. I am sorry to the mods for being off topic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I find it hard to believe coach Whitaker is going to stand around and let guys text at practice. I do know Mike and I just can't see that going on, especially at practice. Coach Whitaker is all business when it comes to practice.
Well it happen about 3 minuets before he told them to line up to stretch. I know what I saw. This conversation is over. This thread is about Highlands winning this game and moving on to the state finals.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

MR.PERFECT Wrote:OK, YEAH, AND YOU STILL WON'T HAVE EVEN A 1/4 OF THE TALENT THEY DO and yes some from the greater Cincy area. LMAO, You really are looney:lmao::lmao: I'm convinced it IS NOT an act. You cannot compare the wealth pool of talent that a Highlands has vs. let's say what a Whitley co. would have. What in the h*** is the coment about the girlfriend have to do with anything. Exactly how old are you son?

If I'm not mistaken, they have only 1 player on there roster that is from the Cincinnati area (I believe he originally played as an 8th grader or freshman for Cincy St. X but transferred to Highlands the following year for more playing time if I know my information). The rest of their roster is from Kentucky and probably 99% is from the Ft. Thomas area. So your point is moot.

And just think, they actually don't have all the talent they could have for their school as a good portion of Ft. Thomas residents have their kids attend NCC. So think, if all those kids attended Highlands instead of NCC the Birds would be even better.

It seems you aren't from the NKY area so it isn't wise to throw out accusations about another team unless you are from that region and know what you are talking about. Just saying...
BaseballIsLife Wrote:If I'm not mistaken, they have only 1 player on there roster that is from the Cincinnati area (I believe he originally played as an 8th grader or freshman for Cincy St. X but transferred to Highlands the following year for more playing time if I know my information). The rest of their roster is from Kentucky and probably 99% is from the Ft. Thomas area. So your point is moot.

And just think, they actually don't have all the talent they could have for their school as a good portion of Ft. Thomas residents have their kids attend NCC. So think, if all those kids attended Highlands instead of NCC the Birds would be even better.

It seems you aren't from the NKY area so it isn't wise to throw out accusations about another team unless you are from that region and know what you are talking about. Just saying...

You are correct and as far as I know, he now resides in Fort Thomas. He is a roll player that gets 3 - 5 snaps a game. Hardly a game breaker. Only those hard core Bird fans would even recognize his name.
Who has been the defensive guy of the year on this team? Has this been the best "defensive" team so in the past three years?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Who has been the defensive guy of the year on this team? Has this been the best "defensive" team so in the past three years?

It would have to be Brandon Roller for me, the guy is quick and hits like a truck. He has been all over the field for the Birds this year.

As for the past years, the Defenses have all been stout. This years team (2009) has a much better defense than last years (2008), but 2007's would give them a run for their money.
Highlands Scoring Defense for the Last 3 Years:

2007: 15-0, 153 points given up, 10.3pts/game (21 points (Ryle) was most given up in a game)
2008: 14-1, 187 points given up, 12.5pts/game (33 points was most given up in a game and was their only loss as they fell to Colerain(OH))
2009: 14-0, 140 points given up, 10pts/game (21 points (Johnson Central) was most given up in a game)

There is still one game pending for this years squad so we will see how they compare tomorrow.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:It would have to be Brandon Roller for me, the guy is quick and hits like a truck. He has been all over the field for the Birds this year.

As for the past years, the Defenses have all been stout. This years team (2009) has a much better defense than last years (2008), but 2007's would give them a run for their money.

I disagree! Compare player to player, position by position and 2008 will stand above 2009. 2007 still is best in recent memory! Could 2009 overcome the loss of Roller on D?? Probably, because the competition this year was pretty weak, but you get my drift!