Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Bowl Will UK End Up In?
KSR is Reporting that the Cats will end up in either Music City, Chick Fil A, or Independence.

"This is important: WHO BEAT WHO DOES NOT MATTER IN THIS SCENARIO. They will go with the teams the various bowls want. Kentucky likely wont be in Liberty or Papa Johns because both are January 2, the same day Kentucky plays Louisville in basketball. The Outback is likely to pick Tennessee for a return to Tampa for the Kiffin boys. That means it is either Chik Fil A, Music City or Independence. My money is on Music City, but I think any of the three are still realistically possible. Either way, we will likely know by Monday."

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=36082
i hope its music city
I'm going to say Music City and i hope it is because im going to it!!
In ESPN's latest SEC bowl projections they're putting UK in the PapaJohns.com Bowl.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chick Fil-A= Georgia is the best "name" available and a sure sell out. The issue becomes the fact that last year the CFA took GaTech and the ammount of money brought in from out of town vsitors substantially decreased, Georgia would have the same effect.

Auburn is the best choice for a sell-out that brings in money, but they have the least impressive resume of the teams vying for it.

Kentucky stands a chance, but it would require the CFA committee to make the reach.

Music City- I personally believe that if UK does not get the CFA Bowl, they do not fall past the Music City. The only scenario I see is if the CFA takes Auburn and the Music City decides to try something different with the bigger name Georgia team available. In that case it is Shreveport bound.

Most Likely= Music City
Least Likely= Independence
ComfortEagle Wrote:In ESPN's latest SEC bowl projections they're putting UK in the PapaJohns.com Bowl.

Same day as UK/UL...not goinna happen.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Same day as UK/UL...not goinna happen.

Why not? Just because there's a basketball game the same day? Does the selection committee really care?

Maybe they do, I don't know. Fact is, UK has a fan-base large enough to fill both venues.

FWIW, in 2007 UK played Florida State in the Music City Bowl on 12/31. That same day UK basketball had a game. Yeah, it was only against Florida International, but I'd bet the arena was still pretty full for that game. Not every UK fan can attend the UK/UofL game, and those who cannot/do not will be able to attend the bowl game if they wish.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lots of UK Football season ticket holders are also basketball season ticket holders... UK/UL basketball is a world of difference from UK/FIU. Throw in the fact that the game would be in Birmingham, a city and venue that will cause fans to back out as it is, and you get where it won't happen.
I don't think that Baskebtall will have any influence on the Bowl game. Many years back the football and basketball teams have played on the same day. The Football team will still travel well.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Lots of UK Football season ticket holders are also basketball season ticket holders... UK/UL basketball is a world of difference from UK/FIU. Throw in the fact that the game would be in Birmingham, a city and venue that will cause fans to back out as it is, and you get where it won't happen.

I agree, there's a lot of overlap there with the ticketholders, but UK's fan base consists of more than just 20,000 season tickets holders. Heck, 90% of the tickets sold to the Cancun Challenge went to UK fans. That's in another country, so travel won't be a problem IMO. I know people who have gone to every UK bowl game no matter where/when.

I don't think the bowl will have any problem finding enough UK fans. Sure, some people will be stuck with the decision of which game they want to attend, but those people who don't go to the bowl game are easily replaced by another UK fan, and vice versa for the basketball game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think it will be Outback or Music City.
It will be the independence or papa johns or music city. Uk played their way out of the outback.
sasquatchsportz Wrote:I think it will be Outback or Music City.

:thatsfunn
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sasquatchsportz Wrote:I think it will be Outback or Music City.

Sorry, but UK will NOT be going to the Outback.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ESPN's Schlabach and Feldman both have UK playing UConn in the PapaJohns.com Bowl in their week 13 bowl projections.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowl...09&week=13
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
when will they know where there going?i got 12 tickets to music city bowl....
I think they will wind up in Nashville.
FBALL Wrote:I think they will wind up in Nashville.

I hope not, we need a change of scenery.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cuppett777 Wrote:when will they know where there going?i got 12 tickets to music city bowl....

Selection Sunday is Dec. 6th.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cuppett777 Wrote:when will they know where there going?i got 12 tickets to music city bowl....

If UK goes too the music city bowl, can I have one lol?:biggrin:
I was hopin they would go to the Outback Bowl, but after the loss to UT, that's out the window.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Real Badman Wrote:If UK goes too the music city bowl, can I have one lol?:biggrin:

you can have all 12 for the right price,lol,there all for sell
FWIW, you can buy Music City Bowl tickets on StubHub for $27 and up right now. If UK doesn't get in you can always re-sell them.

Chick-Fil-A Bowl tickets are $95 and up.

PapaJohns.com Bowl tickets are $76 and up.

Independence Bowl tickets are $73 and up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
no doubt they should be playing in the outback but i guess joker had other plans......i think they will end up in the papa johns bowl...hope for a victory..
Most likely Independence bowl.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]