Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beechwood 41 Bellevue 20
final
Listened to this game last night. Beechwood may be better than last year
Beechwood set the tone on their first drive when they went down the field in I believe 5 or 6 plays and punched it in.

Vocke had a huge game and that kid is going to be a lot of fun to watch over the next two years.

Buckler had I believe 166 yards but had to earn every last one of them. That Beechwood defense was hitting him HARD all night and I can guarantee you the young man is feeling it today. Last night was the most physical I've ever seen a Beechwood team play.

Great turnout from the Bellevue faithful. I believe they may have had more fans than Beechwood. Their side was full and they had people on the field down around the endzone as well.

If you couldn't make it to the game last night, watch a replay of it on nkysports.com under our broadcasts link.
Stardust Wrote:Listened to this game last night. Beechwood may be better than last year

You could have watched it. :biggrin:
Beechwood defeats Bellevue

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...311200098/

The last time the Beechwood and Bellevue football teams met, on a sloppy field at Gilligan Stadium, Beechwood held on to win a district title.

In Friday’s rematch, on a fast track at McNabb Field, Beechwood ran away with a regional championship.

• Photos: Beechwood 41, Bellevue 20

The back-to-back defending Class 1A state champion advanced to the state semifinals with a 41-20 victory over Bellevue, continuing a run of playoff success that seemed in jeopardy when Beechwood began the season 1-3.

“Everybody thinks we’re going to do well every year,” said Beechwood linebacker Michael Porco. “So when you don’t, you know you just have to pick it up. We’ve got a big fan base and we don’t want to let them down.”

Beechwood, which will travel to Mayfield next week, is undefeated in 1A competition since the state realigned its classes prior to the 2007 season. The Tigers dominated Friday’s game the way they typically dominate the state’s small-school competition – with a solid running game and stout defense.

Beechwood sophomore running back Cameron Vocke, who started in place of the injured Joe Colosimo, led the Tigers with 175 yards and three touchdowns on 15 carries. Senior quarterback Matt Rigdon rushed for 121 yards and two scores.

Beechwood fullback Cory Schuler chipped in with 42 yards on five carries.

“Our speed, with Cameron and Rigdon and Shuler, the moves they make are pretty special,” Beechwood coach Noel Rash said. “And you can’t do that on that nasty surface. They were able to do it tonight. We weren’t sure if (field conditions) made a difference or not. But it turned out to be a difference-maker.”

Vocke was the biggest difference-maker. After Bellevue tied the score 7-7 on an interception return from Alex Hegge, the Tigers responded on their next play from scrimmage – a 69-yard Vocke touchdown run. He capped the Tigers’ next scoring drive on a 10-yard touchdown run to put Beechwood ahead 21-7.
Bellevue 7 0 6 7-- 20
Beechwood 14 14 7 6-- 41

Bee—Rigdon 7 run (Nussbaum kick)
Bel—Hegge 28 interception return (Dill kick)
Bee—Vocke 69 run (Nussbaum kick)
Bee—Vocke 10 run (Nussbaum kick)
Bee—Maus 47 pass from Rigdon (Nussbaum kick)
Bee—Vocke 17 run (Nussbaum kick)
Bel—Buckler 4 run (pass failed)
Bee—Rigdon 60 run (kick failed)
Bel—Buckler 1 run (Dill kick)