Poll: Who takes this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sheldon Clark Cardinals
50.65%
Somerset Briar Jumpers
49.35%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark @ Somerset 11/27 Broadcast: 96.5 WXCC www.coalcountry965.com
I'll take the Jumpers in this one at the "Briar Patch."

Good luck to both!
i think the cards will get this one because they have alot of heart for this if they set there mind on it there is no way they can be stoped. go cards
Sheldon Clark's run ends at the Briar Patch! Somerset wins by atleats 2TD's. Go Briar Jumpers!!

Somerset-35
Sheldon Clark-21
i will give the edge to somerset at home. it should be a great game though.
CARDS are getting ready for the game! It's gonna be a good one! Go CARDS!
BelfryPride Wrote:Sorry Cards...great run, Somerset is really tough at home. They have huge visitor side bleachers but you have to walk along way to get to them.

Somerset may be tough at home but the Cards are tough on the road!!! We have won our last 4 games (Pikeville, Russell, Belfry & Pike Central) on there fields! WE BELIEVE CARDINALS :Clap:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'll take Sheldon Clark by a touchdown in a very exciting game.

Best of luck to both!

Hey, you picked Somerset in the pick'em contest?
Tough game to pick but I'll go with SC. They seem to have everything going at the right time(beat 2 teams in playoffs that beat them in regular season). SC I feel played alittle tougher schedule too. The one advatage for Somerset is their Offense is more balanced and could be the difference in a defensive battle.

SC 28 Somerset21
cards.. its about time.
As a former player my self for Sheldon Clark, we won region in 1998 and played Highlands tough, this is the time of the year you either win or loose and go home, but im so happy to be a cardinal fan, listen cards a wise man said you can do anything you put your minds to, at the end of the night the question will be can you look each other in the eyes and say I gave it my best there was nothing left that I didnt leave on the field, you all have overcome controversy as a team and you all have been on a winning streak because of team effort, keep your spirits high and remember on any given friday night anyone can get beet and lets go to somerset and take care of business, play as a team because this could be the game you all remember for the rest of your lifes, lets get the job done and show we are not a team that will be pushed over and lets get the victory and go to bowling green.:argue:
Somerset has too much offense for SC. Good luck Briar Jumpers.

Somerset 49
Sheldon Clark 21
Somerset on a slight edge at home, Sheldon Clark will fight hard but the Jumpers will pull through this one to earn a trip to Bowling Green.
Flashman Wrote:Somerset has too much offense for SC. Good luck Briar Jumpers.

Somerset 49
Sheldon Clark 21
sorry buddy but i dont see somerset putting up 49 points on this team and SC is not going to get beat by 28 points unless we have injuries or something
I just don't think the smashmouth/control the clock ground game can beat Somerset this year. If it could then Breathitt would have done it with Fugate. I am going to have to take Somerset this week for the same reason as last week. Sheldon Clark has been stopped, Somerset hasn't.
RoShamBo Wrote:I just don't think the smashmouth/control the clock ground game can beat Somerset this year. If it could then Breathitt would have done it with Fugate. I am going to have to take Somerset this week for the same reason as last week. Sheldon Clark has been stopped, Somerset hasn't.

Two points to argue

1. Im sorry but Breathitt isnt nearly a typical smashmouth/control type offense. Breathitt was almost entirely a one man backfield and if you keyed on Fugate you pretty much shut down their entire offense. Sheldon Clark is much different. They have three backs that can beat you at anytime and a QB that has the ability to keep defenses honest. Granted he isnt a prolific passer but he can make you pay if you try to stack the line.

2. Yes you're right, Sheldon Clark has been stopped but remember they have played a much more difficult schedule than Somerset and have played against much better defenses than Somerset has.

Now for my prediction. If there is a team out there more suited to pull this upset than the Cardinals I've yet to see them. Sheldon Clark is road tested, not just this year but it seems every year the Cardinals exit the visitors locker room and pull a few upsets. They've had their backs to the wall before and they seem to have the mentality to succeed in the opponents back yard. They have a complete offensive unit that IMO is much better right now than Breathitt and the Bobcats put up 33 points on the Somerset defense and it should/could have been more. SC's defense is without a doubt one of the best in 3A. There is no way Somerset puts up 50+ against this defense. I believe they can match Somerset's physical play and definately be right in it late in the 4th Quarter.

If SC can limit their turnovers (1 or fewer) and control their emotions with it being such a big game they can win but it will take a nearly perfect effort to achieve this task.

I predict
Somerset 27
Sheldon Clark 25
Somerset by 10
one town. one team. one dream. go cards
Good luck CARDS, keep the dream alive, lets go play the briar jummpers and give it every thing you got,everyone knows you guys can do this, so lets bring back a big W
Good luck cards!!!
wooderson Wrote:Two points to argue

1. Im sorry but Breathitt isnt nearly a typical smashmouth/control type offense. Breathitt was almost entirely a one man backfield and if you keyed on Fugate you pretty much shut down their entire offense. Sheldon Clark is much different. They have three backs that can beat you at anytime and a QB that has the ability to keep defenses honest. Granted he isnt a prolific passer but he can make you pay if you try to stack the line.

2. Yes you're right, Sheldon Clark has been stopped but remember they have played a much more difficult schedule than Somerset and have played against much better defenses than Somerset has.

Now for my prediction. If there is a team out there more suited to pull this upset than the Cardinals I've yet to see them. Sheldon Clark is road tested, not just this year but it seems every year the Cardinals exit the visitors locker room and pull a few upsets. They've had their backs to the wall before and they seem to have the mentality to succeed in the opponents back yard. They have a complete offensive unit that IMO is much better right now than Breathitt and the Bobcats put up 33 points on the Somerset defense and it should/could have been more. SC's defense is without a doubt one of the best in 3A. There is no way Somerset puts up 50+ against this defense. I believe they can match Somerset's physical play and definately be right in it late in the 4th Quarter.

If SC can limit their turnovers (1 or fewer) and control their emotions with it being such a big game they can win but it will take a nearly perfect effort to achieve this task.

I predict
Somerset 27
Sheldon Clark 25

I was at both SC and Belfry games. There are not much diffreence in The
in these two teams the difference is Somerset has
got at this point the best offence in 3A and D is just as good as the
others that is bad for SC if they can hold SC 2 or 3 times to a three
and out Somerset will win by 2TDS.
Confusedtrom:
go cards i belive you guys can do it,going to watch the tilman/central game.....
CardinalAlum Wrote:one town. one team. one dream. go cards

LOVE that!! Let's go Cards!
Can't wait... 4 hours 15 minutes til kick off! Safe travel to all of the Cardinal fans coming over today. See ya at the game!

Go Jumpers!!!!
I hope everyone travels safely. GO CARDS...Show them that awesome defense!!! Get the job done and bring this one home.
Little bit less than 2 hours away from kickoff!! Show them what you're made of Jumpers!! Good Luck tonight!