Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bashing of WYMT
The coach publically saying in the newspaper that (WYMT dont give a CRAP about us) why say this, I mean really. Why be a big CRYBABY, celebrate yor victory, quit being a SORE WINNER. I hate to see what he says when he loses. Why dont he get on the news and say good job and we got a tough game next week, Instead lets bash the news for being at our game and doing a feature on us. HINES IS A CRYBABY
Snare43 Wrote:The kids of PC deserve what they got a championship. The coach don't have to like WYMT or any of the media. I'm not saying he should have said it. But, really was it that bad. I'm sure Perry had something to do with why they were there. So did money and advertisement. But to say the PC program deserves nothing you just put yourself in the same boat as the coach.

I will say this, the fact that Perry is down the road from the station had nothing to do with the fact that we were at the game. Game of the week has nothing to do with money, because we are not getting extra money from these areas when we do game of the week, so that point in null and void.

The reason why we were at the Perry / Pulaski game was because we felt that game was going to be the game of the night. It is that simple.

In all honesty, I'd say that this thread has run its course. It is now Thursday and it has run its course.

What you all do not know is that we as a station have already talked to Coach Hines about the situation, and things are cool, and that is all you need to know.

We just felt it necessary to clear up some of the other things that were discussed in this thread.

- Derek Forrest
No one should whine about WYMT coverage. It wasn't that long ago that there was no WYMT and we were all force fed W.Va. college and high school sports. Sporting events were barely covered in the local newspapers or radio. I only wish they had been around when dinosaurs roamed the earth and I was playing in high school.
public relations (uncountable)

1. Communication by a person or an organization with the purpose of creating a favorable public image; commonly referred to as PR.

I think everyone would agree that what a coach says to motivate his players in a locker room is private and similiar to like talking amongst family at the dinner table. What a coach says publicy in a newspaper or in other media can create positive or negative public relations. I'm glad that this coach seems to have "made up" with WYMT for his comments. However, I don't think he has generated a favorable public image for himself or his school.

Friday night's at our house consist of going to the game, coming home and waiting for Sports Overtime to be uploaded online, then we wait for our local media (Harlan Daily) to upload the news story online and then we try to sleep off the excitement! Can't wait to watch Sports Overtime tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Cheerlead
As far as asking "how low can a TV station go" I appreciate the fact that the WYMT sports staff feel as if the fans are important enough to interact with via this message board.
The only things I disagree with Brian Miliam with is I know the 2001 state finalist Prestonsburg Blackcats were really his favorite team.
hawg laig Wrote:As far as asking "how low can a TV station go" I appreciate the fact that the WYMT sports staff feel as if the fans are important enough to interact with via this message board.
The only things I disagree with Brian Miliam with is I know the 2001 state finalist Prestonsburg Blackcats were really his favorite team.

I agree with this post 100%. I think if you ask Brian, he will also say he's a sports fan first and a sports reporter second. Him being a part of the site only adds credibility here, and we all would of defended our position if put in the same spot. I also admire the fact that he post under Brian Milam and in no way hides who he is.
hawg laig Wrote:As far as asking "how low can a TV station go" I appreciate the fact that the WYMT sports staff feel as if the fans are important enough to interact with via this message board.
He and Derek are both closet P-burg fans. They will just never admit that. :biggrin:
We also need to understand that Brian said that the coach and them have talked and if they are cool then it is time to end this thread.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
WYMT is the greatest show on television with the best people too better than good morning america
This show is important to a lot of young men in the mountains. I know, that when i was playing, I always made sure i rushed home after the home games to watch and even taped it when we had road games and couldnt make it back in time.
Sports overtime is a great thing for these kids who don't have a lot to look forward to anyways. Brian and Derrick do a great job at what they do, lets be honest, they could both probably easily move on to something better, but im sure that both of these guys have formed some pretty good relationships with people throughout the mountains.
As for post saying the camera work isn't that good and whatever, you have to take into consideration that these two guys are going out themselves, not some camera crew, getting the footage themselves and bringing it back to the station then hosting the show just so these kids can get some credit and publicity and get these kids excited about what they do, who knows how many scholarships have been given out because of a kid getting his name out there threw Sports Overtime.
Keep it up guys, you all are doing a really good job, and keep it going.
Now that nearly everyone has posted their opinion on the matter, I believe I'll end the thread here.

Lets get back to football!