Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County Coaches
seem to really know what they're doing. i am very impressed with them. opinions/comments?
What ever they are doing, its working. Great turn around form last season
Nice group and a ton of college ball experience.
Finest coaching staff around. Blake preece to me is the backbone. Watched him grow playing with my next door neighbor joey bevins. Blake is the hardest working, most dedicated coach around. Will make a great great head coach.
Blake Preece is a great coach, but I wouldn't put him as the backbone as he only works with defensive backs. Luke Sammons is a fantastic play caller, and Joey Cecil really knows what he's doing with the defense. Then you have the many guys who work with specific groups who really know what they are doing; most having college ball experience.

I think that what Lawrence County does best is their ability to analyze tape and make fantastic adjustments for each team they play.
You have to give them some credit they were smart enough to water down their schedule to help get some easy wins on the board.I will finish my comments after District Play,you can't water that down.
HANGTOUGH Wrote:You have to give them some credit they were smart enough to water down their schedule to help get some easy wins on the board.I will finish my comments after District Play,you can't water that down.
First off we were in all but 2 games we played last year until the final few mins of the game with this same team..... We have played the toughest schedule for the last 6 years..... with over half of our schedule last year rated in the top of each class they played in... You have to change things up to get your confidence up... Winning is contagious and after they went through the season they had last year they dont want to feel that way....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I should have said blake is the heart and soul of the team. None of our coaches can possibly have the Love for LC like blake has. As far as our easier schedule,,well negative comments on that just plain suck. For the first time in quite a few years we dont play the hardest schedule in the area. Its more a show of disrespect for the teans we are playing than to us for playing them. I talked to blake before the season started and his predictions were almost exactly what is occurring. Sometimes how I word things get me into trouble,, like on the college board. Saying kentucky was a disgrace was something I should have said Kentucky's EFFORT was a disgrace in that first quarter. I and coach brooks saw that first quarter exactly the same. sorry for getting off the subject but on the topic of coaches I think brooks is first class.
Lawrence Counties schedule is weaker than years past but they have played some good teams. Shelby Valley and Sheldon Clark are good teams. Everyone acts like Lawrence County isn't playing anyone. Oh well, we will see when playoff time rolls around.
like i said before LC coaching staff has coaches whom played college ball an coach an played semi pro ball so i wolud say LC will be ready to play now those kids are still have to block an tackle.
What I meant about being disrepectful was not intended for the teams we schedule. I mean the people who talk about us having a weak schedule are just show no respect at all for the teams we play.
HANGTOUGH Wrote:You have to give them some credit they were smart enough to water down their schedule to help get some easy wins on the board.I will finish my comments after District Play,you can't water that down.

we'll see what happens when playoff time rolls around.