Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do?
Every team out there who will playing Breathitt knows exactly what they are going to do. Haddix will throw interceptions (at least 2-4) and fumble the ball 2-4 times. He'll hand off to Fugate, who will be shut down and not be given the open field which he is use to. Haddix may occassionally throw to Fletcher or Epperson, but will mainly stick to getting the ball to Fugate. People this is not working. How many kids are on this team? There seems to be 2. I have attended all of Breathitts' games and find them to be a good team, but one who has no leadership. They come out strong in the first half, but the second half they are FLAT. They seem to get dishearted and quit. I noticed #77 was back in the game this week against Perry Central. Good football player. Hel* put this kid in a position where he can run the ball. He's strong, quick, and tough player. Breathitt has a good team that is capable of winning more games than they are presently winning. Come on Coach do something with this team.
You sound as if your blaming the players more so than the coaches. It's not Haddix or Fugate's faught that they are the ones with ball constantly. Holcomb calls the plays and he and his coaching staff are the ones who where supposed to have their players ready for the season and before each game.

Haddix & Fugate are two of the best football players in the Mountains, maybe even the state. But I do agree that the Breathitt coaches have to learn how to get the ball in other players hands and give them a chance at making plays. Run some bubble screens or some out routes to their receivers and mix it in with Fugate taking sweeps and draws and more option plays.
Cool, looking for solutions. Here are a few of my suggestions.
1. More fakes to Fugate, then a counter especially in the 2nd half.
2. Bubble screens and some of the ol' Bobcat shuttle passes to other backs will also open things up.
3. Rest Fugate and Haddix on Defense. Think of it mathmatically. Fugates ranks (10pt scale) 9.5-offense 8-defense. His backup on defense is a 6. Play the 6 because due to fatigue Fugate ends up being a 4 on both offense and defense by the end of the game.
I think with a Qb as good as Haddix they should air it out more I think he and Dakotah Ritchie hooked up for a 60yrd(or somewhere around there) td pass against Perry..if they would have kept doing that they would have won..but Bert Browne knew Holcomb was going to run his horse and do nothing else..But my suggesstions would be

-Play Action
-If hes going to run Channing so much don't do it out of the gun the whole time
-Air it out a lot more
-Triple option feed the fullback and send Haddix and Fugate on the outside..common sense where the D would go
I in no way fault the players for the mess Breathitt is in. It is the coaches decision what and when the plays are made. I just hate to see a team with so much talent lose their confidence.
Breathitt isn't playing cupcakes...they have lost to solid teams...sometimes when you play a tough schedule you can be good and have a bad record
flavorflav Wrote:Breathitt isn't playing cupcakes...they have lost to solid teams...sometimes when you play a tough schedule you can be good and have a bad record

Well said.