Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis Co. 22 Powell Co. 8
Hooray for the Lewis County Lions who won their homecoming game against Powell County. It is awesome to be winning again at home. Let's keep it goin Lions, let's go to Fairview next week and bring home another W. BTW, Blake Kilgore was an absolute beast. He was awesome. Congrats.
already a thread

[ame="http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69867"]Lewis Co. 22 - Powell Co. 8 - Kentucky Sports Forum - BlueGrassRivals[/ame]
Any stats? Did Lewis just beat them or did powell have lots of turnovers. What was the game like?
i cant beleive this blitz 43...wats goin on....this is really upsetting me...this shouldnt be happening....congrats lc
POCO HISTORY #70 Wrote:i cant beleive this blitz 43...wats goin on....this is really upsetting me...this shouldnt be happening....congrats lc
I am not sure? I had to work late and couldn't get back in time to catch the bus. I couldn't have even drove myself and made it on time. Last week, we couldn't contain and they seemed to just be stronger than us. I got to go and pick my boy up when they get back. I will see what the deal was.
No, Powell Co. did not turn the ball over more than twice. Our defensive line was on attack all nite long. I think we had 3 sacks on your quarterback, if not more and our offense was spot on. Don't know Lewis Co. we have come along way and we are here to win. The bottom line, Lewis Co has improved tremendously, and keeps getting better and better each week. Deal with it Powell fans.
correction to previous post, DON'T KNOCK LEWIS COUTNY.
ProudLCParent Wrote:No, Powell Co. did not turn the ball over more than twice. Our defensive line was on attack all nite long. I think we had 3 sacks on your quarterback, if not more and our offense was spot on. Don't know Lewis Co. we have come along way and we are here to win. The bottom line, Lewis Co has improved tremendously, and keeps getting better and better each week. Deal with it Powell fans.
What kind of cheap shot is that. I was just wanting some info on the game cause i couldn't make it tonight. You got to drop the "deal with it" crap. I only asked about the turnovers cause we have had a lot of them over the last few weeks. Win with class! Keep your snide remarks for somebody that deserves them. Nobody, especially me, has knocked on Lewis Co. but I'm getting there!!!
wow..sounds like some parent is to proud...lewis isnt that good...powell lost every talent they had from last year becuase of graduation and coaching change....but a w is a w and last year was last year....congrats lewis co.
let me kno when u figure it out blitz43
POCO HISTORY #70 Wrote:let me kno when u figure it out blitz43
Will do #70.
thanks poco, didn't mean to come off like that. I ain;t too proud, just a little excited for our program. Again, sorry.
My apologies to you blitz. I'm sorry to have come across like that. It's just we've been knocked on so bad by everyone and we are just a little excited to have won. I"M SORRY!!!! Didn't mean to come off like that and I take back the "deal with it" remark. my bad.
its understandable....im not on here to knock lewis i promise...congrats to lewis co...they are apparently the better team...i said that powell better be ready cuase lewis isnt affraid of anybody...they deserved the w
Powell just came out flat. They threw 3 INT's I think and fumbled a couple. Muffed a punt. Lewis just killed them threw the air. They were just throwing it and catching it easy. Congrats to LC. You all came a long way from last year. The last catch by Lewis was a great one. I think it was #2?
What is wrong with Powell co.????? My gosh guys, we beat Morgan co. and Lewis co. easy last year. Starting to sound like the same old Powell co. before the turn around last season. What is the problem?
MR.PERFECT Wrote:What is wrong with Powell co.????? My gosh guys, we beat Morgan co. and Lewis co. easy last year. Starting to sound like the same old Powell co. before the turn around last season. What is the problem?

They lost a lot of talent from last season. There are few guys who really have had varsity game experience before the season. But I'm not gonna make any excuses for them. They have just came out flat the past 2 games. Then when they started picking it up, it was to late. There is still a long season left.
I reckon Powell held Lewis to 5 total yds in the 2nd half. Just turned the ball over too much...again.
Yeah PC came out in the second half playing Defense like the Pittsburgh Steelers, but the only thing that was working for them on offense in the second half was the FB dive mostly because we started to shoot our DTs in C gap to counter that Belly that was working in the first half, Coach Prater and Hughes know you cant score 22 points in 24 min. with the fullback. But yeah Lewis was after it all night Mike Mustard #53, a soph., started DT and had at least 5 tkls and 2 sks., and the ends Prater, Lewis and Everman gave Cox and Hale a fun time all night when Powell tried to throw it, Prater and Everman hit Hale on the last play of the first half and put him out for the rest of the game, but i was extremely impressed with the poise Cox played with stepping into that pressure as a freshman!
LClion4life Wrote:Yeah PC came out in the second half playing Defense like the Pittsburgh Steelers, but the only thing that was working for them on offense in the second half was the FB dive mostly because we started to shoot our DTs in C gap to counter that Belly that was working in the first half, Coach Prater and Hughes know you cant score 22 points in 24 min. with the fullback. But yeah Lewis was after it all night Mike Mustard #53, a soph., started DT and had at least 5 tkls and 2 sks., and the ends Prater, Lewis and Everman gave Cox and Hale a fun time all night when Powell tried to throw it, Prater and Everman hit Hale on the last play of the first half and put him out for the rest of the game, but i was extremely impressed with the poise Cox played with stepping into that pressure as a freshman!

I agree. Lewis came to play Friday night. I was impressed with the Lewis recievers and QB. And Cox is a very good player. He's very smart and can run well. He just hasn't had experience in a varsity game. He'll do fine as a starter.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:I agree. Lewis came to play Friday night. I was impressed with the Lewis recievers and QB. And Cox is a very good player. He's very smart and can run well. He just hasn't had experience in a varsity game. He'll do fine as a starter.

He is good and im sure he will do fine but thats tough to be put in that sit. as a freshman.
Where is the guy who said " I guarantee Powell wins, How about that."
What an idiot, never do that, I told you 313.
lewis had a great receiver a couple of years ago...i think he went to georgtown....anybody remember his name and how is he doin......lewis county appears to be back on the same track that they were a couple of years ago....i beleive that the coaching change is why theres such a big difference from last year....goin from the spread offense to the belly takes some time to install and get going...
Who all has LC played this year?
Lewis did a great job the first half of game. The second half Powell did a great job. The only thing that bothered me was what happened in the last four minutes. The ref made some bad calls. When this happens it takes away from the players and the game.