Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WWE to change the name of ECW
According to the PWInsider website, the new name for what is currently known as ECW on SyFy will undergo a name change to WWE NXT, with NXT somehow standing for "Next Generation."

I kinda saw something like this coming or them just shutting down ECW all together. The name change will take effect next Tuesday night.
Wrestling just aint what it used to be. I miss the Ultimate Warrior.
king360 Wrote:Wrestling just aint what it used to be. I miss the Ultimate Warrior.

Don't we all lol. I guess i understand the name change though because its not even extreme anymore so why call it that.
I just don't like the whole soap opera thing. Last I watched it I saw 3 matches and the rest was arguing and drama.
king360 Wrote:I just don't like the whole soap opera thing. Last I watched it I saw 3 matches and the rest was arguing and drama.

I agree. That's why I watch the old AWA and UWF play backs on ESPN Classic more than any other wrestling.
Guy's, if you don't like the "Soap Opera", then you nave never been a fan of Raw or Monday Night Nitro or even the orginal ECW??? Raw introduced the storyline concept with the launch of Raw and it has been that way for all television programming ever sense.

I'm giving credit to Raw since Raw is what introduced the Story first, Wrestling second. But actually the "More Talk, Less Rasslin" started with TBS WCW Saturday Night where it was mostly interviews and talk with less than half actual wrestling. That was also the era of Squash matches, and let's be real, who could stomach watching 2 hours of squash matches? The Vignette started with the Four Horsemen and got significant play on the Saturday night show.

When Raw kicked off, we got more quality matches, but if they gave away every single quality match, who would go to the live events or buy a PPV? I for one have no issue with where wrestling has evolved to. I love great match-ups that we get snippits of, so I can handle less in-ring action and more of the "Soap Opera" in order to get the quality. I have no interest in them going back to the days NWA, AWA, Mid-South, WCCW, USWA, UWF, Mid Atlantinc, etc.... and just watch squash after squash.
All I can say is "Bring back the TV title".
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:All I can say is "Bring back the TV title".

And the hardcore title!