Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alcoa, TN 41 - Maryville, TN 24
Alcoa ends 8 year losing streak. They attempt 1 pass for the game.
The F5 and their pdf barrage strike again
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The F5 and their pdf barrage strike again

:thatsfunn Dang we need their photoshop skills to brighten things up.
I saw that!!! Alcoa should win #6 straight State Champs again!! People still dont understand how good Alcoa is.
They actually did not attempt any passes...QB was sacked on last play of 1st half.
[Image: http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr21/...thouse.jpg]
Great game for Alcoa!! Thanks to all the Bobcat fans pulling for us in this game. Looking for a BOBCAT VICTORY Saturday night!!
Way to go Alcoa!!!! This Bobcat fan's pulling for you all the way. Good luck on #6 in a row!:Cheerlead
Congrats Alcoa!!!

We know how much this means to your program and community.

Best of luck throughout the rest of the season... GO TORNADO'S!!!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Congrats Alcoa!!!

We know how much this means to your program and community.

Best of luck throughout the rest of the season... GO TORNADO'S!!!

Thank you BlackcatAlum, we are looking forward to a great season. Still pulling for the Bobcats and want to hear all the details about their victory Saturday night. KY football fans have been great!
Congrats Alcoa
I am just now trying to learn something about KY football. Are Boyle and JC big rivalries in KY? The thread on that game was interesting to say the least. Not unlike the Maryville/Alcoa TN thread on the coacht message boards.

Thanks to any response to my dumb question from Alcoa, TN.......
congrats on giving marysville a spanking,lol
Congrats Alcoa, huge win
ok this has nothing to do with this game... Congrats by the way...

However, I just want to commend everyone on here, what a way to grow this site I really think this thread right here is a testament to what we are all here for and that is not ONLY for mountain sports, but for sports all over Kentucky and our opponets as well FROM OUT OF STATE if they choose to joing in through out the year..Yet again everyone GREAT GREAT JOB at making this site everything it can be!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you again to all my new KY friends. :thanks:
Fiftyishfootballmom Wrote:I am just now trying to learn something about KY football. Are Boyle and JC big rivalries in KY? The thread on that game was interesting to say the least. Not unlike the Maryville/Alcoa TN thread on the coacht message boards.

Thanks to any response to my dumb question from Alcoa, TN.......

To my knowledge, that was the first time JC and Boyle have ever played. Boyle County is a 4A school, Johnson Central is a 5A school. Boyle County was powerhouse in the early 2000's, won quite a few state championships in a row, a couple when they were in 2A then a couple when they moved up to 3A, all in a row (that was when KY had a 4 class system).
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Boyle Co won 5 straight State Champiosnhips also from 99-03. There Head Coach at that time Chuck Smith is now a assistant at UK now.
fiftyishfootballmom didnt Maryville have like a 74 game win streak not to long ago that got broke. They also won a ton of State Championships in a row to havent they?
Maryville High School Rebels (Outside of Knoxville)
12 State Titles
2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1998, 1978, 1976, 1970, 1964
Won 4 Straight State Titles
Won 3 Straight State Titles

2008 14-1 State Runners-Up
2007 15-0 State Champs
2006 15-0 State Champs
2005 15-0 State Champs
2004 15-0 State Champs
2003 13-1 State Semi
2002 15-0 State Champs
2001 14-1 State Champs
2000 11-4 State Champs

FROM 2004-2008 Maryville had a 74-1 record!!!!!!

The same team that beat Bell Co 42-14 just beat this team tonight 41-24. Remember Bell Co lead against Alcoa 14-7 at one point and a halftime of 21-14. IMO Bell Co will win Class 4A State Championship again this year. There's no one in 4A that would come closer to what Bell did last Friday against Alcoa.
To all the Bell County fans out there:

We get it. You got beat by a very good football team last week, one of the best teams in the state of Tennessee. No one with any knowledge of high school football thinks any less of Bell just because of the loss to Alcoa. You can stop trying to prop up Alcoa's team in order to make the loss not look so bad. We already know, it wasn't anything to be ashamed of, and Bell County is still one of the favorites in class 4A in Kentucky this year.

Now, that said, if we're going to have this thread on here, let's keep the discussions on it to the game itself, not to how it relates to another game that happened last week. :Thumbs:

Congrats to the alma mater of our own Randall Cobb, on their big win tonight. And to all the F5 fans, we are happy to have you guys on BluegrassRivals.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congratulations, you bunch of photoshoppers, you. :biggrin:
Seriously, looks like an awesome job tonite. Congratulations.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:To all the Bell County fans out there:

We get it. You got beat by a very good football team last week, one of the best teams in the state of Tennessee. No one with any knowledge of high school football thinks any less of Bell just because of the loss to Alcoa. You can stop trying to prop up Alcoa's team in order to make the loss not look so bad. We already know, it wasn't anything to be ashamed of, and Bell County is still one of the favorites in class 4A in Kentucky this year.

Now, that said, if we're going to have this thread on here, let's keep the discussions on it to the game itself, not to how it relates to another game that happened last week. :Thumbs:

Congrats to the alma mater of our own Randall Cobb, on their big win tonight. And to all the F5 fans, we are happy to have you guys on BluegrassRivals.

:Thumbs:THANK YOU FOR THAT POST!!!!!!! I'm tired of it also,, alot of folks is tired of it, so lets move on here!!!! :popcorn:
More Cowbell Wrote:To all the Bell County fans out there:

Amen. The vicarious living through the post-BC game Alcoa, or the moral victory derived from a half of football during the Alcoa-BC game, isn't going to play nearly as much an important role as actual on-the-field play the rest of the season.

In SEC country, until last year (and even to an extent last year), Vanderbilt cornered the market for two decades-plus on moral victories and the close-calls-but-losses against a Florida or Tennessee or Alabama here and there. When you start counting your moral victories ahead of actual victories, there's generally something underlying that may not be totally right with your team. I'm not saying that's case with Bell County, but I'm not sure, in the end, a 28-point loss is much of a moral victory either.
I feel confident that the Bobcat team will have an impressive record at the end of the season that will speak for them. What we say on this post has no impact on the end result.
Alcoa fans,

Of the teams left on your schedule who poses the biggest challenge for the F5? Where would this Alcoa team rank at this stage of the season in comparison to the teams you guys have had the past 5 years?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Alcoa fans,

Of the teams left on your schedule who poses the biggest challenge for the F5? Where would this Alcoa team rank at this stage of the season in comparison to the teams you guys have had the past 5 years?

From an Alcoa-neutral perspective, quite frankly, no one. Loudon and Fulton may provide some very slight resistance, but not much.

And Tennessee's 3A playoff run should be rather easy this year for Alcoa. A rematch with Milan out of west Tennessee looks quite possible for the title, but Alcoa's 2009 version is farther ahead of its 2008 version than Milan's 2009 version is over its 2008 version.
Congratulations Alcoa on yet another impressive victory. Caught a glimpse of your team at Bell Co. and was very impressed. Good luck on winning another state title.
Grimsrud, I think you are right on the mark. Fulton will be close to start, they play some tough head knockin football. I can't see any competition at all this year. Sorry, I am not meaning to sound cocky. I would love to see a season full of Maryville type teams compete with Alcoa.

I feel that our kids need to feel challenged on both an athlete and personally level. They need to grow through wins and defeats and learn how to live with both.

In comparison to other years, Alcoa is very strong this year. I think our roster has 95 kids with 40 of them being Freshman. The next 4 or 5 years should keep Alcoa in the headlines IMO.