Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bourbon Co. 41 - Estill Co. 6
Final! Congrats Bourbon! Best of luck to both teams the rest of the way!
Wow is this considered a upset?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Oh my bad when I said that Bourbon would run for about 400 yards I meant 483 yds not to mention the other 130 yds that was called back T Barnes bent estill over and spanked their tail. T. Barnes 248 yds and 4 tds with 2 tds called back one was a 77 yd break and one was a 53 yd run.:lmao:
cougarpride08 Wrote:Wow is this considered a upset?

i have no idea

Bourbon County's Taylor Barnes # 7 ran for 248 yards and several TD's. Estill has another tough test next week at Rowan County!
Congrats to Bourbon on the win and the offensive show they put up. Estill keep your heads up guys put this behind ya and get ready for next week.
Bourbon has a very solid and expereinced team. Them being successful this year will not be a fluke.
Estill did ok, not like they can play but they still played ok. but they gotta keep there heads up and put this behind them and get ready for next week!
I suppose Estill deserved this. I eat a little crow but i am still pleased with the outcome. Good game and way to rack up the yards Bourbonator's!!!!!!!
8/28/2009
Bourbon Co. 41 Estill Co. 6

Bourbon Co. 14 14 7 6 41

Estill Co. 0 6 0 0 6

Scoring summary:
B--Taylor Barnes 64 run (Cody Hill kick); B--Ryan Charles 24 run (Hill kick); B--Barnes 24 run (kick failed); E--Kent Roberts 30 run (run failed); B--Barnes 35 run (Charles run); B--Charles 11 run (Hill kick); B--Cotavious Hopkins 66 run (kick failed).
Records: Bourbon Co. 1-0, Estill 0-1.

More details: The visiting Colonels ran for 483 yards and never attempted a pass in a rout of the Engineers.
Senior Taylor Barnes ran for 248 yards and three touchdowns. He had another 180 yards of rushing and two long touchdowns called back due to penalties. In addition to first-half scoring runs of 64, 24 and 35 yards, Barnes had touchdowns of 76 and 54 yards disallowed on penalties.
Kentucky.com
Ok no team deservers getting "spanked" if you say they do becasue of the way the team was last year and the way we was able to beat other teams then you must be crazy. This is a very YOUNG Estill team that dose not have a lot of experience. They have 3 returning starters in total. But they will still be good, because they are ENGINEERS and they will hit there grove and come back from this. I BELIEVE in my boys and I know they will be alright. I have also said for 2 years that Bourbon is no joke they will be a good team and I congratulate them. I just hope they realize they have to work harder every week to be successful. That is something that we last year forgot. So goodluck to both teams and Estill KEEP your heads UP you will be fine just start beliving in it again.
Estill definately has the potential to be a good team again even though they are young. I personally believe that they should work on some stuff from other formations or even consider passing a little more then their running game would be a little more effective. The RB's are good and they run hard they just need the line to step up and make a little running room for the hard nose backs
jc#44 Wrote:Ok no team deservers getting "spanked" if you say they do becasue of the way the team was last year and the way we was able to beat other teams then you must be crazy. This is a very YOUNG Estill team that dose not have a lot of experience. They have 3 returning starters in total. But they will still be good, because they are ENGINEERS and they will hit there grove and come back from this. I BELIEVE in my boys and I know they will be alright. I have also said for 2 years that Bourbon is no joke they will be a good team and I congratulate them. I just hope they realize they have to work harder every week to be successful. That is something that we last year forgot. So goodluck to both teams and Estill KEEP your heads UP you will be fine just start beliving in it again.

well said jc. :Thumbs:
Surprisingly good win.
Coach Johnny Poynter is known for being a miracle worker...When he got to Bourbon Co. no to long ago this team had no heart what so ever...There is a really good read on the situation on WKYT...To bad the KHSAA banned the offense Poynter was running lol this guy uses some crazy stuff