Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dixie Heights 19 - Newport Cent. Catholic 7
Dixie 19 NCC 7
mild upset here.
The Colonels held NewCath to 212 yards offense and committed no turnovers.
Stardust Wrote:mild upset here.

I disagree, think Dixie is the better team.
sstack Wrote:I disagree, think Dixie is the better team.

do not be surprised to see ncc started out going 0-6 or 1-5.
Is NCC down this season or is DH just that good?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Is NCC down this season or is DH just that good?

Dixie has alot of returning starters and NCC has alot of new starters. Dixie is also 5A and NCC is 2A. Not to sure how good Dixie is going to be yet (still too early to tell)), but predicted to do very well. NCC has a killer schedule for their first 6 games, they could go 1-5 and still rebound in their 2A region and make alot of noise in the playoffs.
NCC is onlystrugging due to Jake Cain's health. I beleive Cain will be every bit as good at Kues, but not till he's heathy.
To me this was a game Dixie needed to win and one I thought they could but not one I would have bet a dog on.(LOL)
I'm somewhat surprised Dixie was able to hold Newcath to just 7 points and come out with the W. I expected the Breds lines to be the difference in this one. Good win for the Colonels.
sstack Wrote:do not be surprised to see ncc started out going 0-6 or 1-5.

The Breds are going through IMO what CovCath is going through and that is lack of overall talent. Sure they have Kelly and some returning lineman but who else? Their frosh team last year was not very good and I think only having 36 kids on the roster is partly due to the Brossart program. You can't tell me that there aren't 5 or 6 Mustangs who in the past probably would have chosen NCC for football. Dixie is an up and coming team and Wilson is the real deal at QB. I predicted the Colonel win at home.
Stardust Wrote:mild upset here.

Not this year. NewCath lost too much.