Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Team in Mountains 2009
#1EagleFan Wrote:Most people have the same top 5 Bell,Belfry,Breathitt,Johnson Central,&Corbin. What I like is Johnson Central plays most all top teams in the mountians and for that alone they should be preseason #1.

Here is there schedule

Aug 21, 09 Boyle County
Aug 28, 09 Horn Lake, MS
Sep 4, 09 Bell County
Sep 11, 09 Sheldon Clark
Sep 18, 09 Middlesboro
Sep 25, 09 Breathitt County
Oct 2, 09 Open
Oct 9, 09 Ashland Blazer
Oct 16, 09 Woodford County
Oct 23, 09 Montgomery County
Oct 30, 09 Belfry

So it doesn't matter who team is, as long as the team has the toughest schedule in the Mountains, then they are number one automatically?
Preseason yes. When you rank a team you have to look at how hard the schedule is.
#1EagleFan Wrote:Preseason yes. When you rank a team you have to look at how hard the schedule is.

Besides Breathitt's 3 district games, they have just as hard a schedule as johnson county.
I am pretty sure Johnson Central will scrimagge Whitley County on Aug 14 at JC.
#1EagleFan Wrote:Preseason yes. When you rank a team you have to look at how hard the schedule is.

So if the worst team talent-wise in the Mountains has the toughest schedule, then they should be ranked preseason number one?

I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree with that. Preseason rankings are based on how the team done the season before, who the team lost from the season before, who the team returns for the upcoming season, etc.

Preseason rankings mean absolutely nothing anyhow. So don't think I'm knocking Johnson Central either, because they are one of the best the Mountains has to offer and should be for a long time. I just don't see how you can rank teams based only on their strength of schedule. I'm not even sure Johnson Central has the toughest schedule in the Mountains. Bell County may have toughest schedule playing teams like Alcoa TN, Johnson Central, Whitley County, Harlan County, and others.