Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictions for Aug 21 and Aug 22
Who do you think will win the big games on August 21 and 22. Here is a list of my predictions of games involving schools in and around Eastern Kentucky.

Bell County over Alcoa, Tn
Green County over Middlesboro
Henry County over Pike Central
Knox Central over Somerset
Lynn Camp over Clay County
Warren Central over Southwestern
Bishop Brossart over Betsy Layne
Boyle County over Johnson Central
Letcher Central over South Laurel
Lex. Catholic over Whitley County
Pulaski County over North Laurel
Paintsville over Lawrence County
Phelps over Jenkins
Belfry over Prestonsburg
Breathitt County over Mercer County
You KNOW ALCOA is in the top 25 Ranked teams in the nation, i know this site has eastern pride but i dont see them winning that game.
UCFB Wrote:You KNOW ALCOA is in the top 25 Ranked teams in the nation, i know this site has eastern pride but i dont see them winning that game.

that aloca/bell should be a dandy, i dont know about aloca beening top 25 team in the country, there good but not that good.they have won 5 straight titles but not much comp for them in that class in tn...
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Who do you think will win the big games on August 21 and 22. Here is a list of my predictions of games involving schools in and around Eastern Kentucky.

Phelps over Jenkins
Belfry over Prestonsburg

should be having pickems again this year, see who gets the most right by the end of the year...
Alcoa over Bell Co
Somerset over Knox Co
Betsy Layne over Bishop Brossart
Johnson Central over Boyle County
South Laurel over Letcher Central
Lawrence County over Paintsville
Phelps over Jenkins
Belfry over Prestonsburg
Bell Co over Alcoa
Somerset over Knox Co
Clay Co over Lynn Camp
Jenkins over Phelps
Belfry over Prestonsburg
Real Badman Wrote:Alcoa over Bell Co
Somerset over Knox Co
South Laurel over Letcher Central
Phelps over Jenkins
Belfry over Prestonsburg

I agree with most of the predictions. I believe Knox Central has a better program than Somerset at this time as the game is in Barbourville and Knox Central almost upset Bell County in the playoffs last year. Betsy Layne will have to prove that they can be anything but bad, but they may win this one. South Laurel had an average team last year and lost most of their key players. I do not see them beating Letcher Central at LCC.
according to Maxpreps, Alcoa, TN was ranked

State: 14th

National: 476

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/gdh...l/home.htm
Randy Cobb, went to Alcoa. Our boy thats now in Big Blue.
UCFB Wrote:Randy Cobb, went to Alcoa. Our boy thats now in Big Blue.

thats randall,lol
Alcoa will beat Bell. I dont care if they play in Bell County's high school parking lot. To many athletes at Alcoa and winning state titles in Tennessee is no easy task.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Who do you think will win the big games on August 21 and 22. Here is a list of my predictions of games involving schools in and around Eastern Kentucky.

Phelps over Jenkins
Belfry over Prestonsburg

Brossart is 0'fer as a varsity football program. Bit of a stretch to pick them to win their first game ever in the first game of the year. Is Betsy Layne really down this year?
Can you dig it? Wrote:Brossart is 0'fer as a varsity football program. Bit of a stretch to pick them to win their first game ever in the first game of the year. Is Betsy Layne really down this year?

It has been a long time since Betsy Layne has been up. They were 3-8 last year and they have a combine record of 9-42 in the last five years against much weaker competition than what Brossart has to play in NK.
Larue county at Campbellsville-Forcht Bank Bowl.Im taking the eagles in an epic offensive game.Both teams will be over 40 points in the third quarter.Eagles get off to a good start by beating the hawks 55-48
OrangenowBlue Wrote:It has been a long time since Betsy Layne has been up. They were 3-8 last year and they have a combine record of 9-42 in the last five years against much weaker competition than what Brossart has to play in NK.

Then this could be an interesting matchup. I still have to go with Betsy Layne until Brossart shows me that they've made changes.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Then this could be an interesting matchup. I still have to go with Betsy Layne until Brossart shows me that they've made changes.

You may be right. I talked with some Betsy Layne fans and they stated they will be much better this year. This also might be wishful thinking.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Brossart is 0'fer as a varsity football program. Bit of a stretch to pick them to win their first game ever in the first game of the year. Is Betsy Layne really down this year?

Bishop Brossart will be very weak but I will take a weaker team from the north over a weak team from the east any day. I have heard Bishop will have good quarterback and might be running some west coast offense.
richardhead Wrote:Bishop Brossart will be very weak but I will take a weaker team from the north over a weak team from the east any day. I have heard Bishop will have good quarterback and might be running some west coast offense.

I agree.