Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg Blackcats 09-10
How do you think the Blackcats will do this upcoming season? Jack Pack had a great first season making it to the All A Region finals, winning the 58th District, and defeating Pike Central in the first round of the 15th Region Tournament. Alot of steps were made in the Blackcat program last season. How do you think that the Blackcats could build off a great season?
Runner-up in district and one in done in region.
Sadly I agree with Blueheat. But prove me wrong.
I also have to agree with Blueheat. P-Burg just lost a lot of size last year.
They should win district again, if they move Burchett to the 2 or 3 spot, which is his natural position. I think they will have more depth this year.

Starters:

Warren Blackburn (Junior) PG
Tyler Hall (Senior) SG (If he plays)
Michael Burchett (Senior) SF
Cameron Tincher (Senior) PF
Joseph Jamerson (Sophomore) C

Bench:

Josh Blackburn (Senior)
Kyle Gearheart (Senior)
Zak Key (Senior)
Cory Carter (Junior)
Seth Carter (Junior)
Blackcats2954 Wrote:They should win district again, if they move Burchett to the 2 or 3 spot, which is his natural position. I think they will have more depth this year.

Starters:

Warren Blackburn (Junior) PG
Tyler Hall (Senior) SG (If he plays)
Michael Burchett (Senior) SF
Cameron Tincher (Senior) PF
Joseph Jamerson (Sophomore) C

Bench:

Josh Blackburn (Senior)
Kyle Gearheart (Senior)
Zak Key (Senior)
Cory Carter (Junior)
Seth Carter (Junior)

Although I like the lineup, Burchett will still run the point. He is the leader of the team so the leader will have the ball in his hands majority of the time.

I was told that Allen Central's starting point guard had transferred to Prestonsburg today. So he will more than likely start at the 2 or 3 with Tyler Hall.

PG- M. Burchett
G- J. Jackson
G- T. Hall
F- Cameron Tincher
F- Joseph Jamerson
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Although I like the lineup, Burchett will still run the point. He is the leader of the team so the leader will have the ball in his hands majority of the time.

I was told that Allen Central's starting point guard had transferred to Prestonsburg today. So he will more than likely start at the 2 or 3 with Tyler Hall.

PG- M. Burchett
G- J. Jackson
G- T. Hall
F- Cameron Tincher
F- Joseph Jamerson

This is good news for the Blackcats. But will he be eligible for the season?
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:This is good news for the Blackcats. But will he be eligible for the season?

If you move zip codes then you'll be eligible for the next season. From my understanding thats what he done.
I heard the same news about Jackson as well and was told it was a done deal.

I'm guessing that he already knows he will be eligible. Otherwise, why would he transfer and have to sit out his senior season?
I'm also still hearing rumors of two other players transferring to Prestonsburg. If the rumors come true, we may be talking about a whole new lineup next season.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I'm also still hearing rumors of two other players transferring to Prestonsburg. If the rumors come true, we may be talking about a whole new lineup next season.

I'm not sure if that rumor has any legs to it anymore. I was told by someone who had graduated from their school that they where staying because they where getting recruited by some big schools for football.
Well, If these two people are who I think they are then Prestonsburg could be competing for more than just a District Title. They would be one of the best teams in the region.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm not sure if that rumor has any legs to it anymore. I was told by someone who had graduated from their school that they where staying because they where getting recruited by some big schools for football.

I have heard otherwise by someone at their school that it was still a great possibility.
If those two did come I'm sure they'd be the second best team in the region in basketball. Football would improve somewhat along with baseball.

If those boys want to win some games against actual good teams and be noticed by more colleges, then coming to Prestonsburg would be the best their best option.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If those two did come I'm sure they'd be the second best team in the region in basketball. Football would improve somewhat along with baseball.

Yes, Prestonsburg would have a whole new look to it.
Jackson competed with AC tonight in 7 on 7.
gotcha2 Wrote:Jackson competed with AC tonight in 7 on 7.

That figures.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That figures.

Haha:lmao:
If Corey Carter pushes himself, he may find himself starting a few games for the Blackcats. He will see a lot of floor time this year anyhow with his big frame and agressive play.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:If Corey Carter pushes himself, he may find himself starting a few games for the Blackcats. He will see a lot of floor time this year anyhow with his big frame and agressive play.

Who is Corey Carter?
Junior big man for Prestonsburg. He is 6'2 and weighs around 200 or more pounds. He showed some promise last year in practice pushing last years big men (Steven Patrick, Austin Gearheart, and Seth Setser).

Corey's cousin, Seth Carter is about the same height, but maybe a little less muscular. Seth has some nice post moves and he should see some floor time as well.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Junior big man for Prestonsburg. He is 6'2 and weighs around 200 or more pounds. He showed some promise last year in practice pushing last years big men (Steven Patrick, Austin Gearheart, and Seth Setser).

Corey's cousin, Seth Carter is about the same height, but maybe a little less muscular. Seth has some nice post moves and he should see some floor time as well.

Thank You, outdoorsman43.
Any more word on Justin Jackson?
Above stating Corey Carter starting?
Defintly not. I played middle school basketball with him, I'm 5'9 about 130- not even a big man---- and I pushed him around like nothing. He's not agressive. But maybe hes gotten better.

But back on topic- I say Prestonsburg will win their district. Nothing more.
Looks like you all will have a great team next year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
SoccerCat Wrote:Above stating Corey Carter starting?
Defintly not. I played middle school basketball with him, I'm 5'9 about 130- not even a big man---- and I pushed him around like nothing. He's not agressive. But maybe hes gotten better.

But back on topic- I say Prestonsburg will win their district. Nothing more.

Umm, Corey Carter was in middle school three years ago. Need I say more?
Only way I see Corey Carter earning playing time this season is when one of Prestonsburg forwards get into major foul trouble.

Corey & Seth Carter are not very athletic. Neither shoot the ball very well nor are they aggressive enough to battle with the big boys.

I'll give both of them another year then IMO they'd be worthy of starting role.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Although I like the lineup, Burchett will still run the point. He is the leader of the team so the leader will have the ball in his hands majority of the time.

PG- M. Burchett
G- J. Jackson
G- T. Hall
F- Cameron Tincher
F- Joseph Jamerson

So UK will have Patrick Patterson running the show at point this year! I look forward to that. It would be about as ugly as Burchett running the point. I was told they switched him to point last year because thats the position he would have to play in College. I can assure you if any College Coach came to watch him play last year they left at halftime. They are doing Burchett an injustice by playing him at point. He had a great sophomore year playing the 2 and 3. He is a natural shooter and has been working real hard on his dribble drive and shooting off the dribble. He belongs at the 2 or 3 and it would make the team better. IMO!

If Jackson comes it may be a mute point! (No Pun Intended) Jackson will probably run the point anyway. IMO!
Blackcats2954 Wrote:So UK will have Patrick Patterson running the show at point this year! I look forward to that. It would be about as ugly as Burchett running the point. I was told they switched him to point last year because thats the position he would have to play in College. I can assure you if any College Coach came to watch him play last year they left at halftime. They are doing Burchett an injustice by playing him at point. He had a great sophomore year playing the 2 and 3. He is a natural shooter and has been working real hard on his dribble drive and shooting off the dribble. He belongs at the 2 or 3 and it would make the team better. IMO!

If Jackson comes it may be a mute point! (No Pun Intended) Jackson will probably run the point anyway. IMO!

Pack wants the ball in his best players hands, in this case its Michael Burchett.
Burchett's best games have been with his dribble drive from the baseline!
He can't & will not play to his potential @ the point guard position. He would eat teams alive playing @ the 3 pos. IMO
Colleges would be more impressed with his natural scoring & shooting ability than with his ball handling & running of the offense, That's Obvious.