Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Many Division 1 Prospects do the Mountains Have?
Don't get confused, D1 means D-1 Western, Kentucky,U of L
D-1AA is not D-1. Morehead is non scholarship that about like D-3 without the academics. Not sure if they will be more than 1 this year
redstorm Wrote:Don't get confused, D1 means D-1 Western, Kentucky,U of L
D-1AA is not D-1. Morehead is non scholarship that about like D-3 without the academics. Not sure if they will be more than 1 this year

Redstorm, you are confused. Morehead, Eku are D-1 sub-division. There is no AA any more. Also, Morehead gives alot more financial aid and for football players they make up the rest out of the football budget. They may not call it athletic scholarships for FSHA reasons, but they do get money for football. Do you think kids such as Lewis from Clay Co or Campbell from Hazard would go there if they weren't getting their education paid for.
Cool! So it is the same as EKU?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
redstorm Wrote:D-1AA is not D-1. Morehead is non scholarship that about like D-3 without the academics. Not sure if they will be more than 1 this year

So what does the D-1 in D-1AA stand for? Deviation 1?

Like it or not Division 1 is two sub-classes, FBS (Football Bowl Series, think Kentucky or Western) or FCS (Football Championship Series, think EKU and Morehead State).

You said Division 1, you never specified FBS schools. Even then it wouldn't suprise me all too much.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Cool! So it is the same as EKU?

Technically yes.. think of it more as comparing Georgia to WKU.

Both schools play in the FBS, but in different conferences. UK is in the SEC and WKU is in the Sun-Belt. Compete for the same National Title, but their conferences are on a completely different level of play, and so are their budgets.

If Morehead were to go undefeated and win the Pioneer League they would compete in the same exact playoffs as EKU, who would win the Ohio Valley Conference, to try to win a National Title.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:So what does the D-1 in D-1AA stand for? Deviation 1?

Like it or not Division 1 is two sub-classes, FBS (Football Bowl Series, think Kentucky or Western) or FCS (Football Championship Series, think EKU and Morehead State).

You said Division 1, you never specified FBS schools. Even then it wouldn't suprise me all too much.

Absolutely correct EKUAlum05. Lots of kids are going to D-1 schools now and are paving the way for more kids in eastern ky. Also, Eku and Morehead use different methods to apply scholarships to student athletes. EKU gives alot of partials while MSU gets more aid. The balance comes from the budget. A more highly ranked player may get the balance paid for while others may have to pay a little. Also, some of the kids listed above turned down some bigger D-1 offers to play at EKU or Morehead. It's called getting the right fit.
Now, I think redstorm better be ready to up some hundreds because next year they will be alot more that nine.:lmao:
that is good to know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Jade Haddix from Breathitt County just got done with his WKU camp today, from what I have heard he was the top athlete there. He ran a 4.49 40 twice, his shuttle run was a 4.31, and his verticle was a 33.5. My sources say that WKU along with 3 or 4 more school told him they would get in touch with him next week in terms of offers. I was also told that Jade is going to try and go to some of the big SEC schools next week! I say offers will start rolling in anytime.
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:Jade Haddix from Breathitt County just got done with his WKU camp today, from what I have heard he was the top athlete there. He ran a 4.49 40 twice, his shuttle run was a 4.31, and his verticle was a 33.5. My sources say that WKU along with 3 or 4 more school told him they would get in touch with him next week in terms of offers. I was also told that Jade is going to try and go to some of the big SEC schools next week! I say offers will start rolling in anytime.

They won't from the SEC schools... The smaller D-1 schools maybe....
I think we may have another d-1.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cj2561 Wrote:They won't from the SEC schools... The smaller D-1 schools maybe....

He already has Louisville, Purdue, Marshall, Stanford, and Western Kentucky looking at him, i say with this performance he put on alot of more schools will be interested in him now.
If he has those schools looking at him, then I know some SEC school might be looking at him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Charlie Banks at LCC is going to Eastern, but Eastern is a D-1A school.

Eastern is actually in what was called Division 1AA and is now the Division 1FCS (Football Championship Series)
Vandy is looking at Jade also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Eastern is actually in what was called Division 1AA and is now the Division 1FCS (Football Championship Series)

Thanks for the info.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

C.Clair Wrote:Vandy is looking at Jade also.

Word is that Jade might go visit Vandy next Friday, then maybe Cincinnati the following week. I have also heard that Stanford really wants to see Jade live in action, and when they finally do they will offer to him.
that would be cool if they did.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Looking is one thing and offering is another. There are alot of schools looking at kids right now, but when it comes time to offer, we will have about 2 kids that get offers from D-1 (bcs) schools.