Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoke Wins at Pocono
Tony Stewart saves enough gas to pull out the Pocono 500 in Long Pond, Pennsylvania.

Stewart is the first owner/driver to win a points race since Ricky Rudd in 1998.

1. Tony Stewart, Chevrolet
2. Carl Edwards, Ford
3. David Reutimann, Toyota
4. Jeff Gordon, Chevrolet
5. Ryan Newman, Chevrolet
6. Marcos Ambrose, Toyota
7. Jimmie Johnson, Chevrolet
8. Juan Pablo Montoya, Chevrolet
9. Jeff Burton, Chevrolet
10. Sam Hornish Jr., Dodge
Congrats to Smoke on his first points race win as owner/driver!!
Yeah congrats Smoke..Ive always said, when it comes to pure driving talent, NOBODY does it better than Smoke. If he had Jimmie Johnson's luck, he would have five championships by now. He's the best driver in NASCAR, but my boy Carl Edwards had a good day too, finishing 2nd..its only a matter of time till he gets back into victory lane. But they both had the best cars there today, Tony was just a little better..congrats Smoke! Youll get 'em next week, Carl!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Yeah congrats Smoke..Ive always said, when it comes to pure driving talent, NOBODY does it better than Smoke. If he had Jimmie Johnson's luck, he would have five championships by now. He's the best driver in NASCAR, but my boy Carl Edwards had a good day too, finishing 2nd..its only a matter of time till he gets back into victory lane. But they both had the best cars there today, Tony was just a little better..congrats Smoke! Youll get 'em next week, Carl!!

I don't think two championships is luck.

Johnson is the best driver in Nascar, whether a lot of us like to admit it or not.
Oh yeah, dont forget about Ryan Newman, who had troubles today, but bounced back with a top 5 finish..I wasnt so sure about Newman and Tony together, but its panned out very well so far!!! And Reutimann, as well as another solid run by Ambrose, proving that the guys with the lesser equipment are not to be left out of the mix, people, because Reutimann can drive. And congrats to Dale Jr on another sterling top 30 (27th) finish today! Since they Fired Eury, his season has skyrocketed!! Ah, at least he can sell t-shirts and hats. If he couldnt do that, he'd be driving for MWR.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have to disagree with ya bro..Tonys had some bad luck a few years, much worse than Jimmie Johnson. No doubt, and Im not saying he isnt, but Jimmie is a great driver. I hate him, but he is a great driver, but he has a much better crew, and his CREW CHIEF is the best in the business. Him and Knaus work better than anybody else does, thats why he has those championships..When it comes to pure talent, Ill take Tony over anybody, including Carl Edwards, and I love Carl Edwards.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I don't think two championships is luck.

Johnson is the best driver in Nascar, whether a lot of us like to admit it or not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IMO, Jimmie Johnson has one of the best crew cheifs in all of NASCAR.
I can agree with that.

I too, hate Johnson.
Tony Stewart is the Greatest of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats Smoke! I really don't like Tony. But, the man can flat out drive a race car.