Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One dead in Tennessee school shooting
JACKSBORO, Tennessee (CNN) -- A high school student opened fire Tuesday afternoon on a principal and two assistant principals, killing one of the men before a teacher wrestled his weapon away, the sheriff said.

The 15-year-old suspect was taken into custody, authorities said.

No students were injured, and Campbell County Comprehensive High School in Jacksboro, Tennessee, was locked down immediately after the shootings, said Judy Blevens, director of county schools. About 1,400 students are enrolled in the school.

Campbell County Sheriff Ron McClellan identified the slain assistant principal as Ken Bruce, 48.

McClellan, who was at Bruce's side when he died, said it's not clear how many times the assistant principal was shot, but it appears the suspect used a small-caliber handgun, perhaps a .22.

Two other victims -- Principal Gary Seale and Assistant Principal Jim Pierce, who also is a track coach -- were airlifted to the University of Tennessee Medical Center. Pierce was in critical condition and Seale was in serious condition, hospital spokeswoman Lisa McNeal said Tuesday afternoon.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/08/tenn.sc...index.html
What has the world come to, kids bringing guns to school. Whan i was in school stuff like was not even thought of, how times have changed. Prayers go out to everyone involved.
This is heartwrenching. I am so sick of hearing of school shootings. Where are our kids safe now-a-days? My prayers go out to all family & friends involved in this situation.
My thoughts go out to them. No kid should have to be afraid to go to school.
East Ridge had a situation in which this was threatened a month or so ago and alot of students and parents were scared during that time and for it to actually happen it a whole different ballgame.
thsi is rediculous I hate to hear anything like this happen it makes my stomach hurt....I mean who knows it could happen close to home i hope it doesnt but other kids watch the news also and they might take it into consideration
I have said for a long time you never hear any GOOD news any more its ALL BAD NEWS