Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players going overseas to Play
thoughts??? Instead of playing college, going overseas to europe...
I dont like it...especially with jeremy tyler going ...but hey thats how it goes
I have no issue with it at all. Why can't they go straight to the NBA?

Does anyone have an issue with Baseball and Hockey players being drafted right out of High School? What about Tennis players who quit school before they have even finished High School? Or Olympic athletes who quit before they even enter High School?

It happens in sports all the time. I don't like it, but why segregate an athlete and take away advantages that others are afforded for playing another sport?
Stardust Wrote:I have no issue with it at all. Why can't they go straight to the NBA?

Does anyone have an issue with Baseball and Hockey players being drafted right out of High School? What about Tennis players who quit school before they have even finished High School? Or Olympic athletes who quit before they even enter High School?

It happens in sports all the time. I don't like it, but why segregate an athlete and take away advantages that others are afforded for playing another sport?

Great Post
theVILLE Wrote:Great Post

Duh, I know!

:Clap:
I hate to see our talent go over sea's, I think they should be able to go to the NBA, right out of high school, if they were able to go right out of high school, you wouldn't have the problems that Memphis has with someone cheating on the S.A.T.or A.C.T, test. When a kid graduates high school no one don't tell him or her they cant get a job in something that their good at, unless it takes a college degree, and the last time I heard basketball doesn't take a degree. So yes I'm all for it if they are good enough!!!! JMO
I've read Stern may actually change it to two years of college, instead of one. If this happens, there will be more and more high schoolers going overseas.
Whatever floats there boat.
Stardust Wrote:I have no issue with it at all. Why can't they go straight to the NBA?

Well said.
I'd like to see some of these kids challenge this in court. How can they be forced to college when there are some who want to play pro out of high school?
Statmaster Wrote:I'd like to see some of these kids challenge this in court. How can they be forced to college when there are some who want to play pro out of high school?

Professional sports has already one this battle in the courts when the NFL's "sophomore rule" was challenged and trounced in court by Ohio States
Maurice Clarett. Courts will favor the collective bargaining agreements of all the professional leagues.