Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA investigated by KY Legislature - IT'S ABOUT TIME!
kybaseball Wrote:[quote=Mr.Kimball]

Your post hurt my feelings.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: joking

Well just take a trip down this a ways. I've got a big ol box of giant sized bandaids. We'll get you all patched up in no time.:biggrin:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:[quote=kybaseball]

Well just take a trip down this a ways. I've got a big ol box of giant sized bandaids. We'll get you all patched up in no time.:biggrin:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: your the greatest.
Stardust Wrote:[quote=Mr.Kimball]I'm just saying that if a persons rights (constitutional) are violated then a court system has every right to come in and overturn a KHSAA ruling. They should have been investigated a long time ago!!

I can agree with the gist of your point, but what Constituional rights violations are we talking about? Sports is a privelage, not a right. A student can attend any school that they want, but to play a sport is a privelage, and rules must be in place in order to keep players, parents and coaches in check. I completely agree with the rules for sitting, whether it be in HS or college.

I agree 100%, another thing, there are kids out there that transfer and follow the rules. By following the rules, I mean sitting out the required time. Usually this is at a smaller school with no pull within the KHSAA, There are some schools however that wheel and deal and get players eligible instantly, even though we know that the circumstances under which this happens is a little shady, this is not fair to the kids that have to sit out. If the government wants to step in and look at something, step in and take a look at that.
They should just go ahead and say where ever you are enrolled in August, that is where you play all year. If you enroll somewhere else next August that is fine, that is where you will play all year long. No transferring in the middle of school year, but if you want to leave during the summer good luck to you! Just let them all go where they want with no transfers during the year, that would be fine for everyone I'm sure.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:They should just go ahead and say where ever you are enrolled in August, that is where you play all year. If you enroll somewhere else next August that is fine, that is where you will play all year long. No transferring in the middle of school year, but if you want to leave during the summer good luck to you! Just let them all go where they want with no transfers during the year, that would be fine for everyone I'm sure.

Excellent post! The main problem is there is no consistency in their rulings. They have people hired to investigate transfers and residence and to my knowledge, they have never investigated anything. They either need to allow every transfer or make everyone sit out one full year upon transferring and don't make any exceptions. We all know what happens. If you know a Board of Control member or a politician, your player becomes elibible.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:They should just go ahead and say where ever you are enrolled in August, that is where you play all year. If you enroll somewhere else next August that is fine, that is where you will play all year long. No transferring in the middle of school year, but if you want to leave during the summer good luck to you! Just let them all go where they want with no transfers during the year, that would be fine for everyone I'm sure.

I agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
This has been long overdue, in my opinion.

The KHSAA has gotten "too big for their britches", as the old saying goes. Whenever you have an organization saying that they expect a member school to ignore a court order for fear of penalties, then there's a problem. No one should be above the law, not even the almighty KHSAA.

For those who support the KHSAA, name some other situation where you are allowed to disobey a court order...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think they need to be more involved in other issues than worry about where the kids want to go to school. They must not care about private/public debate so what does it matter if they transfer to another power school. It would have fixed the problem if they voted private separate from public schools.