Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 4 Beechwood 3
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I doubt that somebody is just really wrong here and nobody is gonna admit it, haha!

Gave OTH, who is the announcer and STAT man for Pville, a call today. He stated that the kids name was Ty Youtsey and he was on the roster that the coaches gave him. He also has it stored in his Palm Pilot with the stats. He also stated that there where a couple names marked out in the lower classman area of the roster. He couldn't rember for sure who they were though. He left the roster in the pressbox.
Good, sounds like it's take care of
Stardust Wrote:Yep, just found out about AJ tonight when I spoke to Coach. Didn't realize he came out of the Boot on Wednesday. Sounds like the only game they started their regular line-up was the Whitefield game, which AJ pitched. Took a lot of Frosh. AJ did not play the field the during any other game.

Wrong about Youtsey though, he had a Dive meet this weekend. They had 15 on the trip, 6 of which were Frosh. Coach played a different lineup in each game.

In this game, Sophomore CJ Bertke played 1B, where he has minimal experience. It was a great learning experience for him.

Ridge Runner Wrote:Wrong again. Heard Youtsey's name announced EVERY game. Even saw the lineup cards. Trust me, every name I wrote down...was at the games and played.

JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I doubt that somebody is just really wrong here and nobody is gonna admit it, haha!

Four local divers compete
Four Northern Kentucky divers competed in the USA Diving Spring Junior East National Championships at the University of Tennessee Aquatics Center in Knoxville, Tenn., this weekend.

Meredith Brownell (Union), Carly Scheper (Fort Wright), Logan Stevens (Taylor Mill) and Justin Youtsey (Fort Mitchell) qualified for the national competition in the 14-15 age group after receiving medals at a regional event in March. Each diver is a member of the U.S. Elite Diving Academy based in Columbus, Ohio, with a satellite at Miami University.

Divers who placed in the top 12 received medals. The results:

Girls' 1 meter - Carly Scheper, 9th place, 272.80; Meredith Brownell, 14th place, 264.20

Girls' 3 meter - Meredith Brownell, 3rd place, 321.05; Carly Scheper, 12th place, 295.25

Boys' 1 meter - Justin Youtsey, 7th place, 284.60; Logan Stevens, 8th place, 277.60

Boys' 3 meter - Logan Stevens, 10th place, 289.25; Justin Youtsey, 14th place, 254.65

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090.../1055/NEWS
Stardust Wrote:Four local divers compete
Four Northern Kentucky divers competed in the USA Diving Spring Junior East National Championships at the University of Tennessee Aquatics Center in Knoxville, Tenn., this weekend.

Meredith Brownell (Union), Carly Scheper (Fort Wright), Logan Stevens (Taylor Mill) and Justin Youtsey (Fort Mitchell) qualified for the national competition in the 14-15 age group after receiving medals at a regional event in March. Each diver is a member of the U.S. Elite Diving Academy based in Columbus, Ohio, with a satellite at Miami University.

Divers who placed in the top 12 received medals. The results:

Girls' 1 meter - Carly Scheper, 9th place, 272.80; Meredith Brownell, 14th place, 264.20

Girls' 3 meter - Meredith Brownell, 3rd place, 321.05; Carly Scheper, 12th place, 295.25

Boys' 1 meter - Justin Youtsey, 7th place, 284.60; Logan Stevens, 8th place, 277.60

Boys' 3 meter - Logan Stevens, 10th place, 289.25; Justin Youtsey, 14th place, 254.65

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090.../1055/NEWS

Never doubted you.

But, I was there and I know what was turned in. FOR A FACT! If you wish. I WILL get a copy of the cards and scan them and post them. BUT, There was a Youtsey playing. Because every time OTH would announce him. He would turn the mic off and yell "YOUTSEY", just like the game.
Ridge Runner Wrote:Never doubted you.

But, I was there and I know what was turned in. FOR A FACT! If you wish. I WILL get a copy of the cards and scan them and post them. BUT, There was a Youtsey playing. Because every time OTH would announce him. He would turn the mic off and yell "YOUTSEY", just like the game.

Got ya', just odd. Not sure what happened or why they gave that name. :Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:Got ya', just odd. Not sure what happened or why they gave that name. :Thumbs:

Here ya go.

The 5th player down is Ty Youtsey.
The 17th player down is Justin Youtsey.

So there are 2 Youtseys on the team.