Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When is the best time to start fishing?
Hilbily Wrote:I and my partner are averaging 8 bass a piece and sometimes up to 20 on a good day. You are missing out if you are not fishing right now. Bass are loaded up in 40-110ft of water over deep structure. Humps,points,ridges,creek beds, and flats leading out to these are full of active bass. If none of you know about the Rapala ice jig then get up to speed fast because it sticks fish in the winter months. Fished vertically and ripped aggressively through shad layers and suspended bass it performs well. Also try finesse worms on darter heads vertically and just shake gently. I know the dropshot hasn't caught on around there yet but trust me if you get to know it you are gonna stick some bass. If you have a unit mounted to your front deck and a transducer on your trolling motor you are in buisness. You can see your bait down there and watch the fish arches around it. Become familiar with these open water techniques and you will catch them all year!!!

We would have to ice fish around here right now
When is the best time to start fishing?

As soon as the Beer is cold!
The best time to fish is Monday thru Saturday..... Use Sunday as it is intended... a day of rest.... I have caught fish all hours of the day and night.... I don't think they can tell time.
Stardust Wrote:When is the best time to start fishing?

Agreed:worthy:
brotherinarms Wrote:Who ever said you have to stop?
wondering the same thing fishing can be done from Jan-Dec. depending on what's your going for.
Stardust Wrote:When is the best time to start fishing?

:beer:which is a problem when you're ice fishing- trying to keep it from getting to cold
About a month after the honey-moon.
anytime
when warm :beer:
I like fishing the New River, but dont have a lot of experience on it. can anyone give me some pointers on when to go and where would be the best place to wade?
Well don't wade in the troublesome creek thats for sure.
Horse Head Wrote:What do you think?
I fish all year around.So I would have to say anytime of the year is the best time to fish....:Thumbs: