Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Freshman in the 15th????
I don't follow much teams around the 15th. But I do know that Betsy Layne has a couple young guys in their starting roster, middle of their infield are both freshman I believe. Any other 2012 players we'll be able to watch for the next four years?
Pikeville has Gavin Miller and Randy Maynard the only 2 freshman on the roster and they both are starting!
The entire Jr. League baseball team from Belfry last year with the exception of two 8th graders are playing high school ball. There are at present 4 freshman all of which will definatly make a impact at BHS. This is the team that mercy ruled everyone they played in Region 7 last year and went to the state tourney....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Gavin Miller-Pikeville
i know, right? Wrote:Pikeville has Gavin Miller and Randy Maynard the only 2 freshman on the roster and they both are starting!

Agreed.
There is a pre-season list of the top 10 Freshmen out of 14th and 15th but most are 15th. Voted by Coaches

1. Issac Taylor - Magoffin Co.
2. Gavin Miller - Pikeville
3. Tate Banks - Lawrence Co.
4. Reece Ward - Pikeville
5. Ethan Daniels - Paintsville
6. Gary Runyon - Belfry
7. B.J Combs - Hazard
8. Aron Gourdouze - Johnson Central
9. Tyler Williams - Belfry
10. Chase Chaffins - Letcher Co.
mullinstiger55 Wrote:There is a pre-season list of the top 10 Freshmen out of 14th and 15th but most are 15th. Voted by Coaches

6. Gary Runyon - Belfry
7. B.J Combs - Hazard

Voted by what Coaches? The Bleacher Coaches?

LMAO :lmao:

Gourdouze isn't even in the state and hasn't been, in almost a year.
phs1986 Wrote:The entire Jr. League baseball team from Belfry last year with the exception of two 8th graders are playing high school ball. There are at present 4 freshman all of which will definatly make a impact at BHS. This is the team that mercy ruled everyone they played in Region 7 last year and went to the state tourney....

I know one team they went 7 innings with last year.
And that isn't considered a Mercy, no matter the score.
But, they were a good team.
Ridge Runner Wrote:I know one team they went 7 innings with last year.
And that isn't considered a Mercy, no matter the score.
But, they were a good team.

Okay... I'll give ya that but what was the score? IF I'm not mistaken wasn't it like 17-4? I think they beat THAT team by more than 10 runs from what it looks like to me..... Might have been 7 innings well, according to the book I'm looking at it was 6 and 1/2.... but they got the job done!

And thank you... they were a very good team.

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Ridge Runner Wrote:Voted by what Coaches? The Bleacher Coaches?

LMAO :lmao:

Gourdouze isn't even in the state and hasn't been, in almost a year.

You must be the one not in state, he played his 8th grade year and moved his freshmen. that was the list of the best 8th graders going to be freshmen
i know, right? Wrote:Pikeville has Gavin Miller and Randy Maynard the only 2 freshman on the roster and they both are starting!

I have to agree. Both are great athletes.
mullinstiger55 Wrote:You must be the one not in state, he played his 8th grade year and moved his freshmen. that was the list of the best 8th graders going to be freshmen

I know he played his 8th grade year and I know when he left. I was at his dad's farewell party. It has been almost a year. Just saying...Why would he be rated a top FROSH when he isn't even here.
Randy Maynard and Gavin Miller are both really good players, I had the oppertunity to coach those kids last season. I think Will Meek of JC is another great freshman with a TON of potential.
Ross Sanor - JC
Timmy Sublett - Paintsville

Two more talented Freshman. Got to see them pitch in a Tourney in Knott Co. last year with Coach Cornett from ALC.
mullinstiger55 Wrote:There is a pre-season list of the top 10 Freshmen out of 14th and 15th but most are 15th. Voted by Coaches

6. Gary Runyon - Belfry
7. B.J Combs - Hazard

Tate Banks is a soph. :Clap:

6. Gary Runyon - Belfry
7. B.J Combs - Hazard

Gary Runyon isn't playing baseball this year..