Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keys for Your Team to Win the Sweet 16?
What are the keys for your team to win the state championship? If your team is not in the state tournament feel free to give your opinion on the keys to a team you are favoring in the tournament.

The keys for Shelby Valley IMO are keeping Justice, Bryant, and Adams out of foul trouble, not giving up open shots, and getting more production out of players like Adams, Hatfield, Varney, Tackett, and Tyler Newsome.
Valley can't rely on 3-point shots, if they're not hitting early they need to stop taking them, I've seen a lot of 3's forced by this team on the season, and if they're taking too many 3's they're liable to get beat.
Eastern's Keys to Win:
  • Keep Dowe and Thomas out of foul trouble and under control
  • Get points from Abell and Marks
  • Rebound and block out
  • Play tough defense, get out on the shooters
  • Get to the basket and finish
  • Bench Play
I think for SV, the biggest key will be the offciating. A very tight whistle on the perimeter severely limits their defensive style. Also, any foul trouble for Justice would be devastating.

On the other hand, a tight whistle in the post would not affect them as much, since Tackett is more than capable of filling in for Adams if he is in foul trouble. At least they do have two big guys to matchup size-wise with the big-city teams.

The officiating is something they cannot control, however. What they can control is being patient in the half-court offense and waiting for a good shot. If they settle for threes too early in the possession, it could be a long night.

As mentioned earlier, Valley has to get production from somewhere besides Justice. Hatfield, for one, can't have an off-night like he did against Lawrence again. Justice will be hard to guard one-on-one, but if the help comes on defense, other guys have to be able to knock down shots.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I would say for Valley to keep on doing what you have been doing.Devan, be the monster you can be.Ashley, don't get down on yourself because you are as good as anyone.Bring the defense that only you can bring and turn each and every one of those turnovers into points.Play as a team,as I know you will and turn that nervousness into emotion.It's like I told one of you before the EC game in February.This is what you have been preparing for your whole lives.It's just another game on another floor against another team.Win or lose-your fans will still be your fans.
JIMLEE58 Wrote:I would say for Valley to keep on doing what you have been doing.Devan, be the monster you can be.Ashley, don't get down on yourself because you are as good as anyone.Bring the defense that only you can bring and turn each and every one of those turnovers into points.Play as a team,as I know you will and turn that nervousness into emotion.It's like I told one of you before the EC game in February.This is what you have been preparing for your whole lives.It's just another game on another floor against another team.Win or lose-your fans will still be your fans.

I couldn't agree more!!!
The Guys from Valley are as good as anyone else in the tourney.
Take it one game at a time, and most of all....
your fans will always love you!!!
You have been a joy to support this season!

:Cheerlead
Play as a team.
I'll say I am pulling for Holmes. Pittman and Ricardo have to stay focussed on not drift off. Reiley has to settle this team, since most teams are going to slow the pace down. Holmes plays transition basketball, and when the pace is one shot per 30 seconds, Holmes has to be more effcient in their shot selection. No team is more athletic undersneath than Holmes, so they have to find ways to get the ball inside if forced to a 1/2 court game. But the single most important factor will be free-throws. The Dawgs will get to the charity stripe, they just have to convert at a 75% clip, or they will be in jeopardy.
Stardust Wrote:I'll say I am pulling for Holmes. Pittman and Ricardo have to stay focussed on not drift off. Reiley has to settle this team, since most teams are going to slow the pace down. Holmes plays transition basketball, and when the pace is one shot per 30 seconds, Holmes has to be more effcient in their shot selection. No team is more athletic undersneath than Holmes, so they have to find ways to get the ball inside if forced to a 1/2 court game. But the single most important factor will be free-throws. The Dawgs will get to the charity stripe, they just have to convert at a 75% clip, or they will be in jeopardy.

Good post!

I think that Holmes has a very athletic tough opponent in the first round in Christian County. Hopefully the Bulldogs are not overlooking them.
Holmes is very aggresive on defense and great at keeping control of basketball possesion. (Hence the low scoring games.)