Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Championship or Championships
Should Kentucky crown state champion according to classes 1A, 2A, 3A ect... Like West Virginia does theirs. What do think?
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm NO.
In my opinion, it would ruin what many consider the best high school basketball state championship in the country. I believe only KY and maybe Delaware still use the 1 champion format. I personally hope KY never changes it because the challenge of winning the state against very big odds like Paintsville and other small schools have done would be gone.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:In my opinion, it would ruin what many consider the best high school basketball state championship in the country. I believe only KY and maybe Delaware still use the 1 champion format. I personally hope KY never changes it because the challenge of winning the state against very big odds like Paintsville and other small schools have done would be gone.

Thats what makes the basketball state chamionship the most prestigous crown in the state.
No Never Not Nada Nono Negative
I like it the way it is. We already have the All A.
The Sweet Sixteen is called the "Greatest show on Earth for a reason! I say, NEVER, NEVER go to a Class format!
I like it the way it is. I love the Sweet 16!!
Leave it alone.....
This topic has been beat to death, several times! Drop it. The consensus opinion is no.
letthebighogroot Wrote:The Sweet Sixteen is called the "Greatest show on Earth for a reason! I say, NEVER, NEVER go to a Class format!

I agree, just look at the crowds Rupp brings for the high school state tourny. It is called the greatest show in hoops. But you are right it has that name for a reason.
I like it how it is! Crown one champ no matter what class there in!
No, leave it alone, this makes all the more special when small schools win the state title.
Seems like a consesus to me.

And yes, I agree with everyone. Leave it alone.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

:Clap:
my family lives in Indiana and they say classing has absolutely ruined high school basketball there they also say the state tourneys draw sparce crowds and the electric like in rupp is not there at all
letthebighogroot Wrote:The Sweet Sixteen is called the "Greatest show on Earth for a reason! I say, NEVER, NEVER go to a Class format!

I agree 100%, this is what makes the Sweet 16 so great and I think only a couple other states still do it this way!! Please, never change it!! :Thumbs:
I agree keep it the as is. I dont have a problem with any of the other classes crowning a champion during the season like the All A does, but want to keep the sweet16 like it is.
No sir
I agree the Sweet 16 is a good show, but you could still have the final 4 of 4 classes and still have a sweet 16, and crown 4 champs. I think all the money that would be involved with this is the only reason it is even being talked about. Everything is about money, they don't worry about what the kids need or what is better for them when they make these decisions.
No.
Would it be 4 classes, or 6 like it is in football? How can the KHSAA justify having 6 in one sport and 4 in another? Why not make it a 10 class system and have them give everyone a trophy for trying?

Why change the best thing in high school basketball? No other state can compare to the Sweet 16 tourney. Like my daddy always use to say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.".
No, no no no no thats the worst idea i've ever heard state tourny is better than christmas
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be an uter travesty to the fans to do something like this. The great people of Kentucky and surrounding cities out of state literally wait year to year to watch our state tournament. It is an atmosphere like non-other, people talk abou the money it would bring in to do a class system but to be honest I think it would lose alot of money to change it. Keep it the way it is or ALOT of people will be boycotting the state tournament and thats a fact.
Do this, you lose all your attendence. The purists will not allow it. It would be the worst thing to happen to High School Basketball ever.
why does it work in footbal though?? why dont they eliminate the classes there to you cant argue the unfairness of size and "recruiting" in one sport and not another
gtowntiger Wrote:why does it work in footbal though?? why dont they eliminate the classes there to you cant argue the unfairness of size and "recruiting" in one sport and not another

B/c bigger schools get more players and that means more athletes and more players to play both sides of the ball unlike a 1A school who has most players playing both sides of the ball when you get a bigger school 3A or higher have enough kids to play both sides of the ball
but doesnt that apply to every sport? bigger schools get more players and more athletes that should be better than smaller schools in every sport not just football
gtowntiger Wrote:but doesnt that apply to every sport? bigger schools get more players and more athletes that should be better than smaller schools in every sport not just football

It is easier for a small school to come up with 5-8 good basketball players than 20-30 good football players.