Poll: Who should the Bengals have guarenteed for next season?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shayne Graham
16.67%
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
83.33%
Cedric Benson
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who should have the Bengals Franchised?
Interesting development with the Bengals franchising Shayne Graham today. Who do you think the Bengals should have franchised, and why?

K Shayne Graham: A futue hall of famer. Consistently a leader in the NFL kicking statistics, and is likely to finish his career as the NFL's most accurate kicker ever. He is 31 years old and has at least five or more seasons left at the top of the sport.

WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh: Hands down, the Bengals best receiver the last two years, and arguably the best receiver in the Chad/TJ era. He has more catches over the last two years than anyone in the NFL. He is 31 as well, but WR's do not age as delicately as kickers. He has likely reached his peak, but because of his work ethic and dedication, he could still be the Bengals top receiver for at least the next three seasons.

RB Cedric Benson: Finally, the Bengals found the running back that can break tackles, find the holes, and has the breakaway speed that can offset the challenges that the Bengals have on the line of scrimmage. Over the last three games of the season, Cedric had finally got a grasp on the offense. He averaged over 4 yards per carry and gained 355 yards, almost half of his season total in 12 total games. He is 26 years old, which is the mid-part of a RB's career. He has another good three years ahead of him, maybe???
I think that the Bengals should have franchised T.J. Houshmandzadeh.
IMO they should have franchised T.J. He was there best player last year.
They definitely should have franchised TJ, even though I didn't like the games he played all along saying that he didn't want to be franchised but signed to a long-term deal (a long-term deal at age 32 seems kind of ridiculous) and then all of the sudden saying that he would have wanted it. Anyways, Mike Brown's so cheap that I doubt he would have tossed out the 9 million to franchise TJ instead of the 3 to franchise Graham.

I'm just hoping that we sign Benson to a long-term deal to be our feature back for years to come.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I think they made the right choice. T.J Houshmanzadeh already said he would sit out all of next year if they franchised him.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I think they made the right choice. T.J Houshmanzadeh already said he would sit out all of next year if they franchised him.

He didn't say that. He said that if he were to be franchised then he wouldn't participate in any off-season workouts, such as mini-camp or maybe even Training Camp.
Jshort5 Wrote:He didn't say that. He said that if he were to be franchised then he wouldn't participate in any off-season workouts, such as mini-camp or maybe even Training Camp.

:Thumbs: correct. He did not make any comment about the season.
NIKE2010 Wrote:IMO they should have franchised T.J. He was there best player last year.
i agree with you, i seen on espn last night that T.J and Chad both want out of Cincinnati.
Jshort5 Wrote:He didn't say that. He said that if he were to be franchised then he wouldn't participate in any off-season workouts, such as mini-camp or maybe even Training Camp.

Well my mistake...I franchise T.J in that case.
rallo316 Wrote:i agree with you, i seen on espn last night that T.J and Chad both want out of Cincinnati.
Chad's been saying that he wants to play in Cincinnati.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:Chad's been saying that he wants to play in Cincinnati.

Because he got ZERO takers when he was trying to sell himself. If somebody wanted him, teams could have pressed the Bengals for a trade, but nobody wanted him. Chad's options are minimal now.
T.J. just so we would be able to trade him for some draft pick(s).
Besides, T.J. rarely camp to training camp anyway.
TJ! I think that the Bengals this year need some defense in the draft.
Bengals suck. GO STEELERS.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Bengals suck. GO STEELERS.

Thanks for the breadth of your analysis :ChairHit: :biggrin:
Bengals problem is ownership.