Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK commitment Zollo still improving
Double-double guy at Clark Co.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...002/SPORTS

It's already been a hectic year for Vinny Zollo.

A standout freshman from Greenfield, Ohio, last season, Zollo had a sensational summer on the AAU circuit and committed to the University of Kentucky.

His family moved to Winchester, Ky., and the 6-foot-8 Zollo enrolled at Clark County High School.

He's been a key player for the 21-6 Cardinals, with averages hovering around 16 points and 12 rebounds.

"I have gotten a lot better," he said Friday night after getting 14 points and 14 rebounds in a 74-73 loss to Ballard. "I am really starting to grow, more mentally than physically. Just getting stronger mentally, not always reacting but playing the next play and just getting better."

Clark County coach Scott Humphrey said Zollo was "growing leaps and bounds."

"Vinny had a rude awakening in November and December," Humphrey said. "I don't think he had played the caliber of competition he was facing here. He took it upon himself to start playing more physical, and he's really improving."

Zollo said he's still excited about his commitment to UK but realizes that "puts a target on his back."

"It's pressure, but it's something I enjoy," he said. "I just go out there, and nothing has changed for me. I just try and play hard and play my game. I'm having fun.

"Being right there by the campus and in constant contact with the coaches, it has been really good for me. The whole feel of high school basketball around here is so much better. It's just fun to be in a place they take it so serious. I can grow and keep getting better
what will he be when he does come to uk?
cougarpride08 Wrote:what will he be when he does come to uk?

Hopefully not the next Carter :please:
^ Yeah, hopefully more like Lukasz Orbzut. :biggrin:
cougarpride08 Wrote:what will he be when he does come to uk?

Probably a power forward if he continues to get stronger. Good luck to him

and his career at UK.
hopefully we will get a top 10 recruiting class.
He is terrible. Way, way, way overrated.
diaperdandy Wrote:He is terrible. Way, way, way overrated.

I have never seen him play but he is only a sophomore. Maybe he has time to improve.
diaperdandy Wrote:He is terrible. Way, way, way overrated.

Yea a 15 year old thats 6"8 225, who has a good inside outside game is terrible lmao your a joke. Hes 15 lol he isnt even done growing. He would be a crazy matchup problem for other teams if he was 7 feet tall and he could knock down 3's.