Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Co. Central 68 - Prestonsburg 56
Knott Co. Central 17 21 14 16 68

Prestonsburg 11 19 8 18 56

Knott Co. Central (19-6) -- Stamper 21, Cox 21, Amburgey 6, Caudill 6, Bartrum 6, Davis 7, Slone 1.
Prestonsburg (12-10) -- Stumbo 3, Patrick 2, Burchett 14, Tackett 20, Setser 2, Tincher 2, Gearheart 13.
Closer than I expected. Anyone have stats?
Congrats Knott!
congrats Knott. thought it would be more of a difference.
The 15th Regions finest where out tonight as they called a horrible game both ways and I'm sure Knott fans will agree.

Thought Prestonsburg did a good job on defense tonight as they forced several turnovers and played really good defense on Cox in the 2nd half. Stamper, Amburgy, and Bartrum made them pay for playing the box and 1, but Pburg still held their own. The Blackcats got lazy on offense in the 2nd half as no one would help out once someone was trapped at the top of the key. Happened numerous times to Burchett, Gearheart, and Tincher.

Overall I was really impressed with the Blackcats tonight as they played much better than they did against BL last Saturday. Blackcats you have nothing to hang your heads about as you guys played hard tonight.

Congrats Patriots!
Yes, I most def agree with blackcat. One of the worst called games I've seen all season. But both teams did well and I'm proud of the pats, congrats boys. Blackcats have a good team and they did good too.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The 15th Regions finest where out tonight as they called a horrible game both ways and I'm sure Knott fans will agree.

Thought Prestonsburg did a good job on defense tonight as they forced several turnovers and played really good defense on Cox in the 2nd half. Stamper, Amburgy, and Bartrum made them pay for playing the box and 1, but Pburg still held their own. The Blackcats got lazy on offense in the 2nd half as no one would help out once someone was trapped at the top of the key. Happened numerous times to Burchett, Gearheart, and Tincher.

Overall I was really impressed with the Blackcats tonight as they played much better than they did against BL last Saturday. Blackcats you have nothing to hang your heads about as you guys played hard tonight.

Congrats Patriots!

Well.... if the officiating tonight was any indication of what the 15th region teams have to put up with on a consistent basis - I am so sorry.

Absolutely pitiful BOTH ways.

Congrats Patriots!
PATS2011 Wrote:Well.... if the officiating tonight was any indication of what the 15th region teams have to put up with on a consistent basis - I am so sorry.

Absolutely pitiful BOTH ways.

Congrats Patriots!

Haha yea it's an every game thing down in the 15th. Great game by both teams. I was very surprised we played well with them, the blackcats did a great job tonight.
The officiating was pretty pathetic on both sides, but anyways congrats kcc on the win.
Congrats KCC!!
Hey anyone got an update on Braxton? He seems to be a good kid, hate to see him injured.
Congrats KCC!!
congrats kcc
Terrible officiating last night for both teams.

Prestonsburg impressed me last night with their performance. Austin Gearheart had a very nice game for the Blackcats.

Tate Cox had an off shooting 2nd half that kept the Blackcats in it. I thought that Stumbo did a nice job on Cox the 2nd half holding him to 3 points.

Stamper had a nice game for the Pats that allowed them to win by double digits.

Congrats Patriots!
Congrats KCC
Plow Boy Wrote:Congrats KCC!!
Hey anyone got an update on Braxton? He seems to be a good kid, hate to see him injured.

it was just a sprained knee. he was already walking around on it again today.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The 15th Regions finest where out tonight as they called a horrible game both ways and I'm sure Knott fans will agree.

Congrats Patriots!
KCC had 2 starters hurt, that couldn't play, that might be one reason the blackcats impressed you.
Congrats KCC
nothing but net Wrote:KCC had 2 starters hurt, that couldn't play, that might be one reason the blackcats impressed you.

The 2 starters that were out would not have made much of a difference. The 2 players (Cox and Stamper) that are always counted on for the scoring load night in and night out both scored over 20.

You have to give Prestonsburg credit for making it a tough game for the Patriots and you have to congratulate KCC on finding ways to fight off the scrappy Blackcats.
Congrats KCC!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:The 2 starters that were out would not have made much of a difference. The 2 players (Cox and Stamper) that are always counted on for the scoring load night in and night out both scored over 20.

You have to give Prestonsburg credit for making it a tough game for the Patriots and you have to congratulate KCC on finding ways to fight off the scrappy Blackcats.
You think that Ratliff and Mullins don' make a difference? afraid you don't know what your talking about, Stamper was out for several games so somebody pick ed up for him, They do their job.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:The 2 starters that were out would not have made much of a difference. The 2 players (Cox and Stamper) that are always counted on for the scoring load night in and night out both scored over 20.

You have to give Prestonsburg credit for making it a tough game for the Patriots and you have to congratulate KCC on finding ways to fight off the scrappy Blackcats.[/You think that Ratliff and Mullins don' make a difference? afraid you don't know what your talking about,

I wish I knew as much as you.
Out of all the regions that I have watched over the last few years the 15th is by far the worst I have seen. I have seen a couple that do a good job but not many . The worst in the state that I have seen..
nothing but net Wrote:The 2 starters that were out would not have made much of a difference. The 2 players (Cox and Stamper) that are always counted on for the scoring load night in and night out both scored over 20.

You have to give Prestonsburg credit for making it a tough game for the Patriots and you have to congratulate KCC on finding ways to fight off the scrappy Blackcats.[/ You think that Ratliff and Mullins don' make a difference? afraid you don't know what your talking about, Stamper was out for several games so somebody pick ed up for him, They do their job.

I'm not saying they wouldn't have played big roles in the game. I am saying that I don't think the final score would have been much different. I could be wrong. It's just my opinion.
They would have made little to no difference because both average a combined 8 points a game.

Outdoorsman is right. Stamper & Cox score over half of Knott Central's points, night in and night out.
Only thing Knott Co fans do is complain, win or lose. :zzz:
Overrated Wrote:I wish I knew as much as you.

I wish you did too'
Overrated Wrote:I wish I knew as much as you.

Outdoorsman was right.
Wrong.
great games by stamper and cox..two outstanding young players