Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeding for Pike County Districts?
How are they going to do the seeding. All year it was said if a tie it would be by scores. Now I hear the great powers of Pike say they are going to draw for the seeding. How does that decide what happened on the foor all year long. Makes no sense. If this is true than if Pikeville was to upset SV by 1 point then they would have to draw also. What is fair for one must be the same for the other. I know that is far fetched in most minds, but strange things can happen and have...
BlueSky Wrote:How are they going to do the seeding. All year it was said if a tie it would be by scores. Now I hear the great powers of Pike say they are going to draw for the seeding. How does that decide what happened on the foor all year long. Makes no sense. If this is true than if Pikeville was to upset SV by 1 point then they would have to draw also. What is fair for one must be the same for the other. I know that is far fetched in most minds, but strange things can happen and have...

That's what a coach told me yesterday...that they would draw Friday at the meeting. This was agreed upon prior to season in case of a three-way tie (60th). Don't think there are any other districts in the state as ours or any rules from the KHSAA governing seeding. The KHSAA is still listing a 59th & 60th district, however these were combined into one last spring. One district--two divisions...the #1 seeds will still get a bye and advance to the region. Don't know what the coaches agreed upon in Pikeville's district in case of a two-way tie. There are KHSAA rules governing three team districts in regard to seeding.