Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley/Johnson Central Canceled
Valley/JC game has been canceled, due to Valley only having one day off from their All "A" Championship.

If anyone finds out if the two will play later in the season or just wait till next season, let us know.
Well deserved rest.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Valley/JC game has been canceled, due to Valley only having one day off from their All "A" Championship.

If anyone finds out if the two will play later in the season or just wait till next season, let us know.

Coach Booher said they would have to drop 2 games from the schedule, but said he didn't know if this one would be rescheduled this year or next. He said they could carry only 29 games this season. The KHSAA site shows 30 as of now, but that doesn't include the Prestonsburg or Dunbar games which were once on the schedule. My guess is that one more game has to go and that won't be East Ridge, Belfry, Pikeville, or Phelps due to district obligations. That leaves JC at home, Lawrence County at LC, Raceland at home , and Perry Central at home. My guess is that the JC game goes, as their isn't much time to squeeze it in with games on the 6th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, and 20th. Also, not sure of this, but isn't it easier to cancel a home game than having to buy-out a road game?
This game would have been canceled whether due to all A or not, Pike County has canceled school for tomorrow.
I know several counties play home games regardless of school being cancelled or not...doesn't make much sense but it happens quite often.
But they still have games most of the time even if school is called off.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
It's already ice outside, I just moved my car to up on the hill a little bit ago, and add an inch of snow tonight throughout tomorrow, I don't see many games being played anywhere in the state.
SV v JC was cancelled due to scheduling issues, period.

End of thread