Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnthon Ferguson
Dfenz Wrote:I have seen Ferg play numerous times! Not taking anything away from the kid. He is a heck of a shooter (3000 pts.) But i almost always seem him run to the corner or wing and wait for the Faulkners to penetrate and kick it out to him. And almost always guards players 6'6'' lol. . come on now they play in the 16th!! The only player that tall in the 16th is on Elliott Co. Im not bashing Ferguson at all I think he is a heck of a kid. The question was why arent colleges knocking down his door. This is my opinion. . .he will have trouble creating his own shot in college and he is not fast enough defesively to keep up. Take my opinion for what its worth but thats what i think. I have also heard that he does not want to play college basketball.

He does get it kicked out to him from the Twins and others that would kinda be natural being they are his teammates. He averages 3.7 threes a game. thats 11pts. He averages over 26, I wonder how he gets the other 15Rolleyes There are plenty of players in the 16th that are 6-4 and some 6-6. They have played six reg season games out of 16th and two pre seas. out of 16th. He guarded a taller player in all those gamesRolleyes
Congrats to Ferguson. He is a good player and plays hard also, I believe he will be able to contribute for the Eagles.
wow..3000 points? thats pretty amazing
does he plan on going to college to play ball?
He dumped 46 on Miller in the two games against Mason last season. That's a 6'7" SCHOLARSHIP PLAYER at UK. Having said that, I don't think Ferg would ever be a big time player at a high D1 level. But to say he can't play at that level..........IMO is silly. Either way, lets just congratulate a kid on a very rare accomplishment! He could very well end up as the leading scorer in the history of the 16th!
kyrifle Wrote:Landon didn't know what defense was in HS. Don't think he can play D now, especially where he is. He's not been in one game that wasn't or should have been a 30 point victory.
Ferguson is a much better athlete and player than Slone. Hope he goes somewhere his talent will allow him to play and not settle for just a cameo apperance in games at the start of the season.
In all honesty, Jamie McCarty ate his lunch every time they played JC, and Jamie cant even get off the bench at Berea.
Lets keep it on Ferguson here guys.