Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia 2009
How You Think They Will Do
tp23 Wrote:How You Think They Will Do

Lost several key players, don't know if they have any new players.
Nothing personal but other than the a couple decent returning players, don't see that they'll win many games.
Not good........Possibly the worst team in the region.
Work hard and you will be all right.
Could be a long year for Cordia........They've got a homer friendly field so they better develop some good pitching or they're gonna see alot of long balls put up against them.
Educated Fan Wrote:Not good........Possibly the worst team in the region.

Are you serious? There are two teams in there district alot worse than they will be. Cordia will be a top 10 team!
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:Are you serious? There are two teams in there district alot worse than they will be. Cordia will be a top 10 team!

They are not top 10, and i want to know who you think is worse?
i dont think they will be top ten but they could be better than a jenkins team that lost some of their best players to graduation and its still up in the air if jbs will even have a team.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:They are not top 10, and i want to know who you think is worse?

Wolfe, Owsley, Riverside, Jackson City, Buckhorn, June Buchanan, Jenkins.....I believe this would make Cordia #10!!!!
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:Wolfe, Owsley, Riverside, Jackson City, Buckhorn, June Buchanan, Jenkins.....I believe this would make Cordia #10!!!!

there are a few teams on that list that a game could go either way on any given day. cordia would have to play well all season.
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:Wolfe, Owsley, Riverside, Jackson City, Buckhorn, June Buchanan, Jenkins.....I believe this would make Cordia #10!!!!

Jenkins will beat Cordia, JBS will beat Cordia, Jackson City could probably beat Cordia on any given day, and really that goes for everybody you listed. Cordia is not strong enough of a team to say that if one of these teams brings their
A game they won't get beat. I don't think they above and beyond the rest of the other 3 teams you listed either.
They really don't have any talent anymore... that Stacy kid can field alright but he can't hit.
yea i don't look for cordia to do much at all this year... they lost too much last year to recover.. and from what i see they have no pitching at all.. all ingredients for a long season for the lions
Big man on campus Wrote:yea i don't look for cordia to do much at all this year... they lost too much last year to recover.. and from what i see they have no pitching at all.. all ingredients for a long season for the lions

I agree with you they have no pitching at all. There better pitchers are barely throwing in the 70 MPH range, and you won't win any games with that. They will not even be as good as they were last year, and they weren't that good last year.

I mean think about it, they went 6-18 last season with their 6 wins coming against some of the worst teams in the state, and of course that 7-4 barn burner against South Floyd, haha! Also, they were embarrassed by JBS in the district, who was mediocre at best.
They lost a lot from last year. Good luck in 09 Lions!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I agree with you they have no pitching at all. There better pitchers are barely throwing in the 70 MPH range, and you won't win any games with that. They will not even be as good as they were last year, and they weren't that good last year.

I mean think about it, they went 6-18 last season with their 6 wins coming against some of the worst teams in the state, and of course that 7-4 barn burner against South Floyd, haha! Also, they were embarrassed by JBS in the district, who was mediocre at best.

Wouldn't call JBS's win over Cordia an embarassment... while both the teams were far from being great, JBS definitely was the favorite.
lololol Wrote:Wouldn't call JBS's win over Cordia an embarassment... while both the teams were far from being great, JBS definitely was the favorite.

The simple fact that you are not embarassed of that game says a lot about why Cordia will never succeed on the region level or for that matter the district level. You openly admitted that JBS was not that good of a team, but then you are not embarassed of 9-1 route they put all ove Cordia in the district. If my team was beaten that badly against a team that was not that talented i would be really embarrassed. The fact that you are excepting Cordia to loose is just exactly what happens when your just complacent with having a team. Attitudes like that will never win anything outside their small little town.
I wish they could develope the teams they had in the early 90s. They were always a top 3 team in the 80s and early 90s.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:The simple fact that you are not embarassed of that game says a lot about why Cordia will never succeed on the region level or for that matter the district level. You openly admitted that JBS was not that good of a team, but then you are not embarassed of 9-1 route they put all ove Cordia in the district. If my team was beaten that badly against a team that was not that talented i would be really embarrassed. The fact that you are excepting Cordia to loose is just exactly what happens when your just complacent with having a team. Attitudes like that will never win anything outside their small little town.

For a JBS team that didn't have any talent, they only lost to a Letcher Central team, that won 22 games, 3-0.......so I guess Letcher didn't have any talent either.....my bad
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:For a JBS team that didn't have any talent, they only lost to a Letcher Central team, that won 22 games, 3-0.......so I guess Letcher didn't have any talent either.....my bad

No, there is a key word in that post that you obviously forgot by the time you posted it.......LOST!
I dont see this season going very well for Cordia. As far as JBS goes i dont even know if they will have a team this year. Last year they were decent and played fairly well with lcc as stated above but, you are right...they still lost in the end.
yea they did lose but jbs had a poor hitting preformance during that game and only 1 of the 3 runs was earned the other 2 were scored on major errors by the outfield. but a loss is a loss